Naved Khan popularly known as RJ Naved, is an Indian entertainer, TV host and radio jockey, best known for his show ‘Dilli ka Don’ on Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM.
Personal Life, Family and Childhood :
- Naved was born in Uttar Pradesh and was not that good with his studies. For his education, he did his schooling from a Government School in U.P. He has two younger sisters.
He had mastered the art of mimicking people at a very early age. His height is around 5 feet 9 inches.
Early Career :
· Initially, Naved moved to Delhi in search of a job. Javed started working as a customer service executive for a leading mobile company (Airtel).
Whenever a customer was annoyed about something, the phone used to be handed over to him, and he would portray a 60-year-old and the customers used to automatically calm down.
- It was in the year 2000, when Radio Mirchi organized a RJ hunt and he recorded his voice and sent it to them. After a few rounds of auditions, he came out to be the winner of the hunt, beating almost 35,000 other participants and has been with the station since then.
Career and Rise to Fame :
- Radio jockeying has made Naved a household name, but he is still a faceless man for his fans.
- Naved started his career as a RJ by hosting the night show ‘Dr. Love’ and then moved on to host a show named ‘Total Filmi’ on Radio Mirchi. Since 2007, he has been hosting the evening drive time game show ‘Sunset Samosa’ which was earlier known as ‘Bumper to Bumper.’
- Over the years and various new elements have been introduced in the show such as Kawali, Aunty, Angrez Chale Gaye Dum Chhod Gaye etc, all of these being on-air characters where Naved voice modulated 5 characters.
- The daily feature ‘Mirchi Murga’ is undoubtedly the most unique element of the show. Mirchi Murga is a phone prank section in which Naved alters his voice to call up people and irritate them.
- During his career, Naved has also played pranks on Bollywood actresses like Ravina Tandon, Vidya Balan and many more. According to him, playing a prank on the common man is a challenging job and also helps him to increase the interaction with his listeners.
- Besides being a great radio jockey, Naved is also good at acting and painting.
Awards and Achievements :
- His show,’Sunset Samosa’ has won the best Sparkler Award three times in total and 2 years in a row at India Radio Forum Awards (IRF).
- He won the NT Award (National Television Award) for 2G (TV category),
- He has been awarded with the ‘Best RJ’ award at the Golden Mike 2015.
- He has also won the Indian Icon Award.