Introduction : Who is Samina Ali Khan ?
Sameena Ali Khan is a news anchor who is popular for working on the ITV news network.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Sameena Ali Khan was born on December 30, 1967.
- Education : She completed her Masters in Art with specialization in TV features and documentary production from the University of Salford, Manchester.
- Family : Sameena is a married female with two kids, a daughter and a son.
- Her son’s name is Dhanyal who is a 18 years old old and her daughter’s name is Sienna who is eight years old (ages as of 2022).
Professional Life : Salary, Career and Net worth
- Sameena started her career in the year 1989 with a commercial radio station known as Sunset 102 in Manchester.
- After working with a commercial radio station, she completed her Masters’ degree. Upon completion of her education, she joined the BBC in 1997.
- In 2000, she shifted to Birmingham wherein she hosted the Drive on the Radio 5 Live and the BBC Asia Network.
- After working with BBC for around five years, she moved to ITV Central in 2005.
- She also worked as a news presenter of the East Edition of Central Tonight alongside Steve Clamp.
- Presented the West Midlands of the show before it was combined with the East Midlands version. After the merger of the two, she became one of the chief key newscasters for ITV Central.
Awards and Live Show Hosting :
- Sameena was noticed for her services to media at the British Muslim Awards in January 2015.
- Winner of RTS Best On Screen Personality (2010)
- Commission for Racial Equality Best Radio News Show winner (1998)
- Asian Arts and Cultural Society Media Professional of the Year (2004)
- Internal News Group Best News Feature (2011)
- She has done compering at various events. Few of them are the Prince of Wales Awards and the Llyods TSB Jewel Awards and Music Concerts with the CBSO in Birmingham.
Fun Facts :
- Sameena’s most unforgettable broadcast was on the site of 9/11 from ground zero in New York.
- She loves to spend time with her family.
- She loves to swim. According to her, swimming is one of the best exercises to keep ourselves fit.
- As a foodie, Khan keeps trying new cuisines. She herself also cooks very well.
- She often takes her children with her to newsrooms, in order to make them understand her job and her routine.
- Initially, she wanted to pursue medicine, but she wasn’t able to acquire the requisite mathematics qualification at college hence she had to leave her dream of becoming a doctor and move to other career aspects.
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
- Nationality : British