Belinda Russell is an Australian TV reporter, media personality and journalist, well-known for being the host of NineNews Sydney. She usually presents their weather forecast as well as news at other times.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Belinda is happily married to her husband Mark, and the couple has three wonderful young daughters – Tallulah, Maddi and Coco. The family has been living in Sydney for the last many years.
- She has lived and worked in both Australia as well as England & is a massive fan of the British Royal Family.
Early Life and Education :
- Belinda was born and raised in Queensland and spent most of her childhood surfing and spending time with her father.
- She lived in Queensland for a long time before moving to London for her career in 2002.
- Her mother was a big influence on her choice to become a journalist.
- As an only child, Belinda’s lack of siblings led her to become more outgoing and making friends.
- Belinda has received a degree in “communications and journalism” from the University of Southern Queensland.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- After graduating college, Belinda joined Network Ten in Brisbane in 1999, producing kids’ environmental shows, and then proceeded to join the news team as a reporter.
- In 2002, she moved to London and became a part of the Sky News as a producer, where she gained profound experience in a breaking news environment. Her incredible “on-camera ability” was soon recognized by Sky executives who gave her a reporting gig – and this made her one of the few Australian journalists to work ‘on-camera’ for a British television program.
- In the UK, Belinda worked on a wide range of stories and achieved live location and studio experience. She also specialized as an Entertainment Reporter afterwards.
- In 2007, she returned to her home, Australia, and joined The Nine Network’s “A Current Affair” as a reporter, based in Sydney.
- Soon, Belinda got an opportunity to cover a broad range of stories. Still, her passion was to speak with people who had overcome tough times in their lives, and people had inspirational experiences to share.
- After taking a short break from her career to spend time with her husband and daughters, Belinda returned in 2013 and now usually works as a reporter / weather-presenter for Sydney’s flagship news bulletin.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Belinda has been lucky enough to meet and interview some of the biggest names in show business and her inspirations, including people like Madonna, Tom Cruise, Kylie Minogue, Antonio Banderas, Elton John, Leonardo DiCaprio and Angelina Jolie.
- She met her husband Mark Calvert while she was working in Sky News in the UK.
- Belinda is vocal about her views on political matters & often shares her opinions through social media.
- Fashion is another love, as Belinda posts pictures of herself in different brands’ clothes, recommending them to her followers.
- As she’s from Australia and lived in the UK for a long time, Belinda is a huge fan of cricket and supports her national team whenever she can.
Belinda Russell Measurements :
- Eye Colour : Blue
- Hair Colour : Blonde
- Height : No confirmed information is available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
- Belinda Russell Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 3
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Belinda Russell Nationality : Australian