Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Jacida Carter is an African-American woman, mostly well-known for being the mother of famous rapper Lil Wayne.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Jacida Carter was born on October 30, 1962, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- She grew up in Hollygrove, a New Orleans neighborhood located in the city’s 17th ward. The neighborhood was known for its poverty and high crime rates.
- During her high school years, Jacida met & started dating Dwayne Michael Turner, and the two were soon married.
- When she was 19, Jacida was working as a cook when she had her first-born son, Dwayne Junior, who would eventually come to be known as the singer Lil Wayne.
- Dwayne Michael Turner & Jacida got divorced when their son was two years old. From that point on, Jacida started raising her son as a single mother.
Next Marriages :
- Jacida later on married for the second time, to Reginald ‘Rabbit’ McDonald, whom Lil Wayne has referred to as a ‘real father.’ Unfortunately, Reginald McDonald was murdered before his stepson achieved fame.
- Jacida also has a younger son, Semaj, who is three years younger than Jacida’s eldest granddaughter, Lil Wayne’s first daughter, Reginae Carter (Born November 29, 1998)!
- In April 2012, Jacida married again, this time to Avery Goff. She continues to reside in her hometown of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Jacida has four grandchildren : Reginae, Neal, Cameron, and Dwayne III.
Lil Wayne & Jacida’s Relationship :
- Jacida’s nickname, given to her by her eldest son, Lil Wayne, is “Cita.”
- When Lil Wayne was twelve, he shot himself with a 9mm handgun! While talking about her son’s shooting incident, Jacida wonders aloud whether or not it was an accident or an intentional deliberate method of self-harm. She also states that she never directly asked Lil Wayne about what happened that day.
- Jacida provided many spoken word intervals for Wayne’s 2018 album, ‘Tha Carter V.’ She worked on the opening track for the album, which is a message of pride in her son’s success.
- She is then featured again in a segment during which she discusses her reaction to Lil Wayne becoming a father during his teenage years, and how she advised him to be the best father he could be, despite his youth, and how he listened to her.
- Carter also speaks of how she prayed for a smart child, and how her prayers were answered with Lil Wayne, who she refers to as a genius, and who attended a school for highly intelligent children until he left to focus on his musical career.