Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Jayni Chase is an American writer, eco-conservation educator and an environmental activist.
- She is, however, well-known as the wife of actor and comedian Chevy Chase.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Jayni Chase was born Jayni Ann Luke on August 24, 1957, in North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.
- She attended the North Hollywood High School.
- Following that, Jayni attended the University of California Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California. She earned a degree in communications.
- On June 19, 1982, Jayni married actor and comedian Chevy Chase at the Pacific Palisades in Los Angeles, California. She is his third and current wife.
- Jayni has three children with Chevy Chase: daughters Cydney Chase, born in 1982, Caley Chase, born in 1984, and Emily Chase, born in 1988.
- Jayni’s husband Chevy Cheese went to the Betty Ford Clinic in 1986 to receive help in treating an addiction to prescription painkillers. In September 2016 Chevy Chase attended the Hazelden Clinic in Minnesota to become sober after being diagnosed with alcohol cardiomyopathy. He has not been drinking since.
- After having lived in California all her life up until that moment, Jayni moved with her family to New York in the mid-1990s to raise her daughters in a more peaceful environment.
- She has been living in Bedford, New York since.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Jayni has spent over twenty years working in the field of green education, as well as environmental community action. She has worked passionately and incessantly to provide underserved people with the right tools and information to live, work and learn in an environmentally-friendly way.
- She is a contributor for the Huffington Post, where she writes articles about matters dealing with the environment.
- Jayni is the founder of the Centre of Environmental Education, which assists students and teachers with getting tools and information about conservation and green living.
- She was also part of the location management crew on her husband’s 1983 film National Lampoon’s Vacation.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Jayni appeared as herself on the Arts and Entertainment series Biography, which featured an episode about her husband.
- She also appeared on the homage event created by the Tel Aviv Gala in honour of the actress Goldie Hawn in 1987.
- Jayni has four dogs and she refers to them as her pack.
- She met the man who would become her husband, Chevy Chase, when she was a production assistant on one of his movies. Although Jayni was not looking for a relationship at the time, by the time filming ended she was in a relationship with Chevy Chase.
- In February 2018, Jayni was awarded the Hugh C. Lane Jr. Award of Excellence in Environmental Education by the Hobcaw Barony for her work with the Centre of Environmental Education that she founded.
- Jayni also published a book, Blueprint for a Green School, for which she compiled over seven thousand sources of information.