Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Introduction : Who is Ginny Newhart
Ginny Newhart is the wife of legendary American stand-up comic and actor, Bob Newhart.
Young Life and Family Details :
- Ginny was born in New York City on December 9, 1940.
- Her name before marriage was Virginia Quinn.
- She is the daughter of parents – Bill Quinn (father) and Mary Catherine Roden (mother). Bill Quinn was a famous film actor, known for many movies such as Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. He passed away on May 3, 1994.
- She has 2 other sisters, Eileen Quinn and Mary Ellen Wire.
Meeting Bob Newhart :
- Ginny met Bob on a blind date in Los Angeles, set up by comedian Bucky Hackett sometime back in 1962.
- She was the babysitter for Hackett’s children at the time.
- Ginny is a devout Catholic, as is her husband.
- Before meeting Bob, she was actually determined to not marry anyone involved in showbiz.
- She commented that she was very unsure and nervous while walking down the aisle. Her father joked, “Sweetheart, I can still get you out of this.” However, she has never regretted the decision.
- The couple went on to have four children – Robert William Newhart, Courtney Newhart, Timothy Newhart and Jennifer Newhart. Bob and Ginny also have 10 grandchildren.
- On occasion, the children & Ginny would follow Bob to places such as Lake Tahoe or Las Vegas for his longer gigs.
Health Issues : Ginny Newhart Cancer Battke
- Mrs. Newhart was diagnosed with liver cancer around 2008 & had a liver transplant in UCLA on December 28 of the same year. She disclosed that the ordeal had brought her & Bob closer together as a married couple. Since then, Ginny has been in good health.
- She is a big fan of the action TV series, NCIS. She caught on to the series while recovering from her liver transplant, where the hospital broadcasted USA Network repeats.
Ginny’s Views on Bob :
- Ginny describes Bob as a shy and quiet personality and doesn’t say a lot. She reveals that his humor is sometimes weird and vile, but his audiences were never privy to this side of his humor.
- She admitted in an interview with American weekly magazine, People.com that she at times felt insecure compared to Bob’s fictional wives on set, partly due to her not having a 9-to-5 job.
- Ginny had a great influence on her husband’s work. She conceptualized the series Newhart: The Last Newhart (1990) and other productions. The finale for Newhart was a legendary moment in the history of television, where Bob the psychologist in the series woke up from a dream.
- She discloses that she sometimes cannot distinguish the lines between TV and personal life.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- The Newharts have dinner with Tim Conway and Mike Connors together with their wives every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Late comedian Don Rickles & his wife Barbara Rickles were one of Newhart’s closest friends & they often traveled to different countries together.
- Prior to moving into their infamous Bel-Air residence (which Bob recently sold for $14.5 million) they were also living in Bel-Air, which he sold to soap star Deidre Hall and her husband, Steve Sohmer.
- Ginny claims that Bob cheats in crossword puzzles, and is ignorant to things going on in the house.
Ryan Sickler【 Comedian 】Wiki, Age, Wife, Wikipedia, Married, Podcast
Jayni Chase Age, Net worth, Wikipedia【 Chevy Chase Wife 】Bio
Nia Renée Hill Age, Wiki, Net worth, Married, Family, Baby, Bio, How old
Ali Siddiq Wiki, Age, Birthday, Married, Wife, Bio【 Comedian 】Tour
Christie Goddard (Shane Richie Wife) Pictures, Wedding, Bio, Wiki, Age
Anna Romano Age【 Ray Romano Wife 】Wiki, Daughter Alexandra, Bio
Loved everything Bob was in. He was so funny. Just saw where he passed yesterday. May God give his family peace and comfort
On the story about Ginny Hartley, she was set up on a date by BUDDY Hackett, NOT Bucky.