Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Sophie Catherine Flay is an American voice artist, reality television personality, and aspiring broadcast journalist.
- As a young college graduate, she is still building her professional identity but is well-known as the daughter of celebrity chef Bobby Flay.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Sophie was born on April 16, 1996. Born to the world-renowned chef Bobby Flay and TV host Kate Connelly, her parents divorced when she was just three years old.
- Growing up, she split her childhood years between New York and Connecticut, living in the latter with her half brother Jonathan.
- Although it is unsure if they are still together, Sophie dated a fellow USC student while in college.
Early Life & Education :
- From an early age, Sophie followed her dad’s passion for animals, but her favorite is horses. She regularly attends races and was present at the Belmont Stakes in 2018 when ‘Justify’ claimed the Triple Crown.
- Despite having famous parents, Sophie grew up like any regular kid. Before moving across the country for college, she attended the Fairfield Warde High School in Connecticut.
- At school, Sophie played lacrosse and was on the track team – competing in the 1000 and 4000-meter races and on the 400, 800, 1200, and 1600 meter relay teams.
- In 2018, she graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Southern California (USC).
- Taking full advantage of her college years, Sophie was a member of the Delta Gamma sorority and the a capella group The Sirens; a radio host on the USC broadcast KXSC; and a reporter and editor for the USC Annenberg Media publication.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Since 2011, Sophie has appeared on several cooking shows alongside her dad.
- Although her father’s fame has definitely opened doors, she has worked hard for her own opportunities. Since 2013, she has done several internships: Becca PR; NBC (with which she worked at the 2016 Olympics); Dash Radio; and Warner Brothers. Later, she even did an internship at ABC Digital News in Glendale, California.
- While in college, Sophie began working as an advertising voice artist on the digital music service Spotify.
- She joined the ABC7 Los Angeles team in March 2019
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- The connection between Sophie’s parents was instant. Their first date lasted four and a half hours, and they were engaged a few months later.
- It is no secret that Sophie gets her love for animals from her father (who regularly features his cat Nacho on social media), but her passion was even deeper rooted. Her paternal grandmother, Dorothy, was such a big animal lover that when she passed earlier in 2018, her cats were named in her obituary.
- Despite falling in love while working on a cooking show, Sophie Flay’s mom Kate does not share her dad’s skills in the kitchen. While doing a cooking segment on live TV, she once turned the blender on without the lid on!
- Growing up with a famous dad, Flay made her television debut at just five years old. She served as a “kid taster” on a cooking competition show.