An American actress, director, activist and co-founder of an international anti-bullying campaign, Lauren Parsekian is best known for her hard-hitting documentary film about female bullying in schools.
Parents, Early Life & Family :
- Lauren was born on December 8, 1986, to parents – Actress Debra Kelly and Thomas Parsekian.
- She grew up with her two siblings, Brooke Parsekian and Liam Parsekian in Orange County, California.
- On May 26, 2013, Lauren married her long-term boyfriend and star of the American drama series ‘Breaking Bad,’ Aaron Paul.
- The pair first met at the Coachella music festival and was engaged for 16 months. Aaron popped the question on New Year’s Eve 2011 at a party in Paris.
- Lauren attended middle school in Laguna Niguel. During her time there, she was badly bullied by other schoolgirls, and allegedly developed an eating disorder & was even pushed to depression and even tried to take her own life.
- Later, she studied at the Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. She graduated in 2009 with a degree in filmmaking.
Professional Life, Net Worth & TV Appearances :
- Lauren took to the screen the first time starring as herself in her own anti-bullying documentary, Finding Kind.
- The documentary was written and directed by herself and her partner, who also starred in the documentary. Shady Acres Entertainment produced it in 2011.
- Since then, she has since made small appearances in the 2012 short comedy ‘NCIS: Special Agent DiNozzo Visits Dr. Phil’ and in an episode of ‘E! Live from the Red Carpet.’
Activist Work :
- Co-founder of the Kind Campaign, Lauren and her school friend, Molly Thompson (then Molly Stroud), were both badly affected by female bullies during their school days.
- While still studying at university, the pair began planning their film documentary ‘Finding Kind,’ which they filmed over two months driving across the USA.
- During the production of the movie “the Kind Campaign” naturally emerged.
- The organization aims to “Bring awareness and healing to the negative and lasting effects of girl-against-girl bullying.’
- Founded in 2009, the Kind Campaign is now an internationally recognized non-profit.
- Lauren and her partner have completed 11 international school tours & held founders assemblies in hundreds of schools across the USA.
- The campaign also provides an online support network for victims and regularly releases Kindness initiatives.
- With the help of her Emmy award-winning husband, Lauren raised $1.8 million at a fundraiser for the Kind Campaign.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Lauren confesses that she and her husband were nearly married on their first date after the Coachella music festival.
- The pair went away to Vegas and even purchased a baby’s leather jacket from All Saints for their ‘first child,’ before taking a taxi to The Little White Chapel, which was closed.
- Ethnicity: Mix of Armenian, Irish and Italian. Her paternal Grandmother immigrated from Italy and her paternal Grandfather came from Armenia, while Lauren’s mother is of Irish descent.