A UK native with dirty blond hair usually seen sporting a smile, Mark Adderley is a TV and film producer and director. He is also the husband of Nadia Sawalha, a famous actress from London.
Personal Life, Family and Marriage :
- Mark married actress and TV personality Nadia Sawalha in 2001.
- Sawalha has appeared as a host for many TV shows, including H£ir Hunt£rs, Total Cops, and Loose Women. Loose Women, a talk show that centers around four women sharing daily news and life advice, has been her most recent role, as it is still continuing to film episodes.
- Sawalha also has several acting credits to her name, the most notable of which is the series EastEnders, where she plays Annie.
- The couple has two daughters, Maddy Adderley(born 2002) and Kiki Adderley (born in 2007). Mark also has one child from a previous relationship named Izzy Adderley.
- Mark’s grandmom passed away at age 95, in November 2017.
Alcoholism Problems :
- Adderley’s early life was plagued with alcoholism, but at the time, his family and friends did not realize it. He was high-functioning and an avid partier, and Sawalha enjoyed drinking as well.
- Eventually, however, his drinking became detrimental, and Sawalha threatened to take the children and leave. Mark then admitted he was an alcoholic.
- He is sober for over a decade and has been open about his struggles. Sawalha still supports him, and the two do not seem to be splitting up any time soon.
Professional Life : Work as a Producer
- Adderley began his film and TV career in 1999 with the TV series Expedition Journal, a documentary-style show that followed adventurers around the globe on a series of expeditions. He also worked as both a producer and a camera operator for the show’s 10 episodes.
- His second production, also in 1999, was another documentary-style TV series called One Night Stand. It did not take off, however, and Adderley didn’t produce anything again until 2007 when he worked with Nigel Slater to interview celebrities about the kinds of foods that have impacted them the most in A Taste of My Life.
- In 2012, he became an executive producer for Kitchen SOS, a home design TV series that helped couples get their dream home, then produced his own short film, The Masseuse.
- The Masseuse starred Jake Harders and Molly McCabe as husband and wife, where the wife plays a masseuse that becomes both the judge and jury for how her husband has treated all of the women throughout his lifetime. This is his most personal work.
- In 2015, he produced a TV movie called How Star Wars Changed the World and has not produced anything since, although he is working on a few projects.
Career as a Director, Salary and Net Worth :
- Nearly everything Adderley has produced, he has directed as well – Most notably A Taste of My Life, Kitchen SOS, The Masseuse, and How Star Wars Changed the World.
- He also directed a few other works, such as The Definitive History of Star Wars and a TV special about Nigel Slater called Nigel Slater: Life is Sweet.