|Personal Information Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||February 2, 1965. As of 2023, she is around 58 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Partner||Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|When did India Willoughby transition?||India made her transition permanent in September 2016 and underwent a £14,000 operation in Brighton. India was congratulated on her explanation of what it’s like to really live as a transgender person before transitioning on the talk show.|
|Children / No. of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- India Willoughby is an English journalist, television reporter, and recent reality TV star, most well-known for being Britain’s first transgender news broadcaster. She made history as the first trans woman to appear on Loose Women, an all-female panel show on ITV.
- India is an accomplished journalist. However, her media image since her gender transition often focuses on her gender transition rather than her merits as a professional journalist.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born on February 2, 1965, India was born with the birth name Jonathan Willoughby.
- Throughout her young life, she had always felt like a girl in boys clothing, which led her to undergo gender reassignment surgery in later life.
- India married in his twenties (as the male Jonathan), during which he had a son named Rhodes. The marriage fell apart three years after Rhodes’s birth, leaving Willoughby to look after him as a single parent.
- She spent five years being both Jonathan and India – being India for work and Jonathan at home to be a father to their teenage son.
- In 2015, Willoughby underwent gender reassignment surgery.
- Currently, India lives in Newcastle.
Early Life and Education :
- Now living in a coastal state, Jessica credits her love of the ocean to a childhood spent at the beach.
- As a 9-year-old, Jessica wrote in her diary that she wanted to be a psychologist. Pursuing that dream, she earned her Bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology from Wooster College in her home state.
- Following her undergraduate degree, she moved to Virginia where she received her psychology doctorate in clinical and forensic psychology from the Virginia Consortium Program – splitting her time between The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, and Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk.
Work, Career, Salary and Net Worth :
- Willoughby’s career began in 2000 as a television reporter presenting regional news for ITV, UK’s biggest commercial television broadcaster. She reported as a professional journalist for ITV for ten years, after which she resigned.
- After officially changing her name from Jonathon to India, she began working as a woman in a public relations position in Newcastle, leading a double life for five years: being a woman at work and going home to be a man in the evening to his teenage son.
- After a five-year absence from television, India returned to television in 2015 to share her story.
- In 2018, she participated in the hit reality show Celebrity Big Brother 21. However, she was the first to be voted off the show & stayed only around 10 days in the house.
- During and after the show she received some verbal abuse about her looks, leading her to undergo plastic surgery.
- Her last job was as a reporter was on Channel 5 presenting news bulletins.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- India’s son Rhodes is not fazed by her change of gender, saying that no matter what, she will always be his parent.
- She decided to change her gender after seeing a shot of herself on television in 2010. Realising that she did not identify with the male body that she saw, she decided it was time to change.
- She is Britain’s first transgender news broadcaster and said that ITV had been extremely supportive of her throughout her transition. However, it was difficult to ride out the negative press generated by her presence on Celebrity Big Brother in 2018, effectively ending her career as a news reporter.
- India has caused considerable controversy speaking about women’s issues, with one episode, in particular, leading her to be framed as a misogynist when she declared that all women should shave their legs.
Carla Germaine Wedding, Biography, Wiki, Age, Jeremy Kyle Wife Ex Bio
Jeremy Parisi Age, Wiki, Net Worth, Job【 Kelly Brook Boyfriend Partner 】
Julian Okines Age, Wikipedia Bio, Parents ( Amanda Byram Husband )
Emily MacDonagh Age, Doctor, Wiki, Job【 Peter Andre Wife 】Baby, Bio
Mark Adderley Wikipedia, Age, TV Producer ( Nadia Sawalha Husband )