Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
Key Details : Family, Parents & Bio
- Despite being married to one of the most socially visible businessmen, Neerja Birla has managed always to keep a low profile. The wife of Kumar Mangalam Birla is also the founder of Mpower.
- Neerja dons many hats as the wife of one of India’s most prominent industrialists. She is a protective mother, part of two school boards, and the founder of a mental health care facility all at the same time.
- She fights to create awareness and spread information about mental illness as there are various misconceptions about it.
Marriage and Children :
- She married Kumar Mangalam Birla, the business tycoon and Chairman of Aditya Birla Group in 1989 at the very young age of 18.
- They have three children – Their eldest daughter Ananyashree Birla recently released a music album. She is also the founder of Svatantra Microfinance, which provides small loans to women from rural India.
- Their son Aryaman Vikram Birla is passionate about cricket and photography and the youngest daughter is named Advaitesha Birla.
Details of Spouse : Kumar Mangalam Birla Net Worth :
- Kumar Mangalam Birla took over the reins of the Aditya Birla Group at the age of 28 after his father Aditya Vikram Birla’s tragic demise.
- He took the organisation from $2 billion to a $41 billion company in just 15 years after taking over.
- Even though he cleared the CA exam in the first attempt, he had to grapple with the fear of telling his father that he didn’t want to do CA.
- Today, he thanks his father for putting him through it as he highlights the importance of education and career choices.
Awards & Work Done :
- Neerja has a passion for promoting children’s education and working for causes related to mental health.
- She maintains very little social media presence as she believes in focussing on larger important things.
- Neerja believes that the best way to tackle mental problems is to empower children and adolescents to manage their own problems by themselves.
- Mpower her venture plans to scale up and move to more cities from Mumbai.
- Neerja is the Chairperson of the Aditya Birla World Academy and a school for children with special needs and abilities called The Aditya Birla Integrated School.
- Neerja serves as a member on the board of ‘Pratham’ and ‘Make-a-Wish Foundation.’
- She was awarded the ‘Woman of Excellence’ by FICCI.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Neerja credits a two-hour workout session in the gym for her svelte frame and youthful looks.
- She herself has gone through post-natal depression after her kids were born. One of the reasons she decided to lend her support for mental health care.
- The family goes on holidays twice a year, and London is a family favourite.
- Neerja claims she is more hyper on holidays as she believes in utilising each and every minute while her husband prefers to start the day late.