|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||No confirmed information available.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Partner||Married to Howie Mandel. See below for relationship details.|
|Where did Terry Mandel complete her school education?||Terry attended the William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute in Toronto.|
|Children / No. of Kids||3|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Terry Mandel (maiden name Terry Soil) is a Canadian businesswoman and producer.
- She is perhaps more well-known for being the wife of Howie Mandel, the hugely famous actor, comedian, presenter of Deal or No Deal and the judge of the talent contest, America’s got Talent.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Terry was born in Ontario, Canada, in a regular, hardworking family.
- Little is known about her family and upbringing. Despite being the wife of a megastar, she manages to keep her personal life and her past reasonably private.
- Terry is now married to Canadian star Howie Mandal, whom she first met in high school.
- The couple continues to reside mainly in Toronto but often head over to Los Angeles for Howie and his work.
- The pair were married in 1980 and now have been married for over four decades – Quite an achievement! Howie often says this is incredible despite his hectic career and hyperactive life.
- Howie and Terry have three grown-up children, Jackie Mandal (born in 1984), their son Alex Mandel (born in 1989) and a second daughter Riley Mandel (born in 1992).
- The couple also have a grandchild, Abbey, who is Jackie’s first daughter.
Early Life & Education :
- Both Terry and Howie rose through the education system in Canada and both attended the W.L Mackenzie Collegiate in the District of Toronto.
- After high school Terry went on to Harvard University to study business and the potential couple were separated for a period.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- After university, Terry and Howie pretty much hooked straight back up, and Terry chose to support Howie. Howie was by now beginning to forge a flourishing career as an actor and comedian.
- Initially Howie played smaller roles in film and TV such as his role in medical drama St Elsewhere alongside Denzel Washington.
- Besides supporting Howie, Terry is also cited as a producer on many of his live comedy shows.
- Currently, Terry works alongside her husband and shares his love of discovering new talent by running a talent agency in Toronto called ‘The Abstract Talent Agency.’
Being her Husband’s Pillar :
- In many of his interviews, Howie frequently talks of how his wife Terry has helped him transform his career into the huge success that he currently is.
- She has been described as putting up with his occasional erratic behaviour, which Howie feels is likely to be undiagnosed Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- She also helps him to channel his energy into his work. Howie also describes in interviews how he had earlier turned down the role of a presenter on AGT’s hit quiz show Deal or no Deal several times. The producer was desperate to secure him, seeing him as an ideal candidate for the show’s format. Eventually, Terry convinced him that he would be stupid to turn down such an amazing, career-rejuvenating opportunity.
- Howie describes the rest as being history, as he has gone from strength to strength since making that decision alongside Terry.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Even after decades of marriage Terry and Howie are still as much of a couple as they always have been.
- In her spare time, Terry enjoys spending time with her husband, children, and granddaughter and is a keen dog owner.
- She enjoys long walks with her dogs and likes nothing more than a night in front of the TV watching movies.
- Terry has suggested in interviews that perhaps the success behind the couple’s long marriage is the fact that neither of them enjoys cooking or is even very good at it.
- Therefore, they enjoy a date night pretty much seven days a week, as they always eat out in restaurants or at the very least purchase fresh deli produce to eat at home together with a glass of wine.