Ekta Tiwari is an Indian television actress and dancer, most well-known for her lead female actress role as Radha in the drama series Tere Mere Sapne.
Early Life, Family & Education :
- Ekta is from Indore, Madhya Pradesh and was born on August 1.
- Her family included her mother and her brother, Vishal Tiwari.
- Ekta lost her father in late 2010, and went through a tough time the following months after. She looked up to him as an ideal role model.
- Quite keen on dancing and acting since childhood, Ekta regularly participated in plays in her college days.
- Ekta completed her diploma of acting at Shriram Centre of Performing Arts in Delhi.
- She is also a trained dancer who has a diploma in dancing, specialising in the traditional Indian dance – Kathak.
- Education : Tiwari also reveals that she has a diploma in Electronics and a Bachelor in Commerce.
- She reveals that her original plans were to pursue her education in acting further at the National School of Drama, but was unable to fulfil her dream due to her relocation to Mumbai at the time.
Roles & Career Progression :
- Ekta landed her first job as a director’s assistant for multiple directors.
- She then became the project head for Nach Baliye, a reality dance television series produced by Wizcraft Telefilms Frames Production Company.
- Later, she also did some voice over work for Girish Mani.
- Tiwari’s first acting role was as Saudamini in the 2009 television drama series Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur.
- She secured another role as Lord Ganesh’s wife in Ganesh Leela. However, she left the role upon being offered a lead position at Tere Mere Sapne.
- She won Best Actress Award in 2017 for her debut movie Chooda Ek Pratha at the Delhi International Film Festival.
- Ekta regularly features in Indian crime reality television series, Crime Patrol in 2013. There she met her now husband, Sushant Kandya.
- The couple got engaged on June 14, 2017 during a vacation in Goa. She mentioned that the engagement was unplanned for.
- Ekta did one better by surprising her then fiancé to tie the knot on her birthday in 2017! They originally intended to complete their wedding in January or February 2018.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Ekta discloses that she doesn’t get much holidays and when she does, it is usually too late to plan anything major.
- She enjoys doing house chores, cooking and sleeping.
- Aside from dancing, Ekta loves to read and travel when she gets the chance. It is her dream to go to Switzerland or New York one day.
- She claims herself to be a simple and calm person, but sometimes has a bad temper that usually subsides quickly.