Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Tiernan Cowling is an Australian model, fashion fanatic and ex-wife of DJ Steve Hiroyuki Aoki. Aoki is a Grammy-nominated, highest-grossing electro house musician in North America.
Personal Life : Family, Marriage and Children
- After being engaged for over 5 years, Tiernan married long term boyfriend Aoki in 2015 when she was twenty-four years old. Tiernan was fourteen years younger than Steve!
- The pair tied the knot in Maui, Hawaii and had a beautiful intimate ceremony in front of family and friends.
- Reports in early 2018 emerged that apparently, the couple had unfortunately divorced.
- One of the first reports came from Britain’s newspaper ‘The Sun.’ The source told the publication stated ‘Aoki’s volume of touring would put a strain on any relationship.
- DJ Aoki has more or less been touring non-stop for the past decade and is very rarely at his abode in Los Angeles to spend time with his spouse. Their separation was done in a civil manner, and they will attempt to remain good friends, but at the end of the day, the relationship was too tough to manage.’ Aoki’s representatives did not comment on the report, so we cannot confirm the veracity of the news.
- Steve had mentioned in an earlier interview that he finds it ‘really tough’ to maintain his personal life with his excessive work schedule.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Tiernan studied in New York at the Fashion Institute of Technology and was educated in ‘Professional Studies and Brand Management.’
- After finish her academics, Tiernan became a model for ‘Next Models LA’ for almost five years, specializing in print and commercial modelling.
Body Measurements :
- Height : 5′10″ (178 cm)
- Boobs : 31” (79 cm)
- Waist : 23.5” (60 cm)
- Hips : 34” (86 cm)
- Dress: 8
- Shoe Size : 7.5 (37.5)
- Hair Color : Blonde
- Eyes Color : Blue
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- After her stint in professional modelling, Tiernan changed her work focus and started working in behind-the-scenes of the fashion industry, more specifically, clothing.
- Firstly, she was the Creative Director of Steve’s clothing line, ‘Dim Mak Collection.’
- The ‘Dim Mak Collection’ was launched to the public in 2014 and shared Aoki’s vision; a fashion label dedicated to adrenaline junkies as well as the punk skate culture, which Aoki was heavily involved in as a teenager.
- Tiernan made sure the fashion label was a complete success; ‘Dim Mak’ has been worn by celebrities and influencers alike, including David Guetta, Gucci Mane, Migos. The brand was also featured in publications like the Vogue and The New York Times, among others.
- In 2016, Cowling became an Assistant Buyer for Kirna Zabete, a luxury women’s clothing fashion brand owned by Beth Buccini.
- In 2017, she got promoted to Associate Buyer and still currently works at Kirna Zabete, as per her Linkedin profile.
More about her Partner :
- In 2012, Steve won a Guinness World Record for being the most toured musician in one year, playing 168 shows in 41 countries.
- Aoki is one of the highest-paid DJs in the world, earning on an average 20+ million dollars each year.
- One thing that Steve Aoki is known for is ‘caking’ his fans; at some point, during his concerts, he holds up large baked goods like cream cakes and hurls them at members of the audience from the stage. He considers this a ‘celebration.’