Profile Background / Wikipedia Information
- Lois Irene Evans was well-known as the wife of Tony Evans, a prominent Christian pastor. She was also an accomplished businesswoman, a popular public speaker, author and singer.
Early Life & Education :
- Lois Irene Cannings was born in Guyana, South America to her parents – James Basil and Annie Eleen Cannings. Raised in a Christian household, she had 7 siblings.
- She attended Tutorial High School & later secured a BA Business Administration degree from Dallas Baptist University. She also had a Doctorate of Humane Letters from Eastern College.
Work, Salary & Net Worth :
- Until 2019, Lois was the senior vice president of The Urban Alternative, a Christian broadcast and teaching ministry. The Urban Alternative was co-founded by Lois and her husband Tony.
- In the past, Lois had worked for Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the Grand Old Gospel Fellowship Ministry and Dallas Federal Savings and Loan.
- She had also served as the President of the Global Pastors Wives network and was the founder of the First Lady Conference & was the founder of the Pastors Wives Ministry.
- Over the years, Evans had written several magazine and newspaper articles and is also a contributing author for books like Promises Promises; Understanding and Encouraging Your Husband, Our Love Is Here to Stay and Stones of Remembrance: A Rock-Hard Faith for Rock-Hard Places.
- She had also written a solo novel Seasons of a Woman’s Life & recorded two albums.
- Till her passing away in 2019, Lois continued to travel the world and was a popular public speaker as well as a great singer.
Her Children :
- Lois and Tony’s eldest daughter Priscilla Shirer (neé Evans) was born on December 31st 1974 in Dallas, Texas. Priscilla followed in her mothers’ footsteps and is an author and motivational speaker. She married Jerry Shirer in 1999 and they have 3 children Jerry Jr, Jackson and Jude.
- Anthony Evans jr. born on July 14th 1978 in Dallas, too is a Christian singer and songwriter with 6 studio albums and was selected for The Voice.
- Jonathan Evans born on October 10th 1981 was an American Football fullback. He is married to Kanika and they have 5 children Kelsey, Jonathan II, Kamden, Kylar and Jade Wynter.
- Chrystal Evans Hurst married Jessie Hurst they have 5 children between them. She was a single mother at 19. Chrystal used this experience and that of her daughter Ida who followed closely in those footsteps to educate others through her books.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- In 1995, Lois was honored with the ‘Good Samaritan Award’ from Dallas Baptist University for outstanding Christian service to the community.
- In 1996, she received an honorary ‘Doctorate of Humane Letters’ from Eastern College.
- In 2000, she received the ‘Status of Women Award’ from Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- She recently received ‘The Woman of the Year in Ministry Award’ presented by the Women of Influence, Inc.
- In April 2019, Lois shared some bad news – the cancer that she had previously beaten has now returned. An extremely rare form of cancer, her entire family had asked everyone to keep her in their prayers. Unfortunately, she passed away 9 months later, in December 2019.