|Personal Information Summary|
|Mother / Mom||Rhonda Whitlock|
|Birthday / Date of Birth / Age / How old / DOB||October 1, 1991 – October 2016. She passed away when she was around 25 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Boyfriend||Amber was married to Josh Hilberling. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|How long was Amber Hilberling sentenced to jail?||For the second-degree murder of her husband, Amber was sentenced to 25 years in prison.|
Amber Hilberling (maiden name unknown) was an American woman who killed herself in prison in 2016. Five years before that, she was accused of pushing her husband to death from their apartment window.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Amber Hilberling was born on October 1, 1991, in Missouri.
- Amber’s full name was Amber Michelle Hilberling, while her mother’s name is Rhonda Whitlock.
- She was married to Josh Blaine Hilberling, who she was accused of having murdered on June 7, 2011, by pushing him out of a window. Josh was only 23 years old at that time.
- At the time of her husband’s death, Amber was 19 years old and seven months pregnant. She later had a son named Levi Hilberling.
- Although the accusations were constantly present, Hilberling argued that Josh’s death was an accident caused by ‘unusually thin’ windows in their apartment.
Controversy and Josh Hilberling Case :
- In April 2013, Amber was convicted of second-degree murder for the death of her husband and sentenced to 25 years in jail.
- Thereafter, she appeared on TV on several occasions, telling stories about the facts and giving explanations. She also took part in the TV series Women Who Kill, where she explained why things happened as they did and expressed how it was just “self-defense.”
- She also told the reporters that they were way too young at that time and that if he were alive now, it would have been a “happily ever after.”
- Many media outlets continued to take her interviews and covered her case during the course of the trial and her imprisonment.
Amber Hilberling Death and Facts :
- Amber died from an apparent suicide on October 24th, 2016 at the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center, located in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.
- She was found hanging from her cell’s bunk bed by another prisoner. Upon preliminary autopsy, it was determined that suffocation by hanging caused Amber’s death, and it was ruled as suicide.
- Her height was 5 feet 5 inches, while her husband was 6’4” and weighed 220 pounds.
- Amber’s mother Rhonda and her stepfather have had custody of her son Levi ever since Amber went to jail. Rhonda also helps run a Facebook group named In loving memory of Amber Hilberling where she posts old memories and photos of Amber.