|Personal Information Summary|
|Mother / Mom||Rhonda Whitlock|
|Birthday / Date of Birth / Age / How old / DOB||October 1, 1991 – October 2016. She passed away when she was around 25 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Boyfriend||Amber was married to Josh Hilberling. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|How long was Amber Hilberling sentenced to jail?||For the second-degree murder of her husband, Amber was sentenced to 25 years in prison.|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Amber Hilberling (maiden name unknown) was an American woman who killed herself in prison in 2016. Five years before that, she was accused of pushing her husband to death from their apartment window.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Amber Hilberling was born on October 1, 1991, in Missouri.
- Amber’s full name was Amber Michelle Hilberling, while her mother’s name is Rhonda Whitlock.
- She was married to Josh Blaine Hilberling, who she was accused of having murdered on June 7, 2011, by pushing him out of a window. Josh was only 23 years old at that time.
- At the time of her husband’s death, Amber was 19 years old and seven months pregnant. She later had a son named Levi Hilberling.
- Although the accusations were constantly present, Hilberling argued that Josh’s death was an accident caused by ‘unusually thin’ windows in their apartment.
Controversy and Josh Hilberling Case :
- In April 2013, Amber was convicted of second-degree murder for the death of her husband and sentenced to 25 years in jail.
- Thereafter, she appeared on TV on several occasions, telling stories about the facts and giving explanations. She also took part in the TV series Women Who Kill, where she explained why things happened as they did and expressed how it was just “self-defense.”
- She also told the reporters that they were way too young at that time and that if he were alive now, it would have been a “happily ever after.”
- Many media outlets continued to take her interviews and covered her case during the course of the trial and her imprisonment.
Amber Hilberling Death and Facts :
- Amber died from an apparent suicide on October 24th, 2016 at the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center, located in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.
- She was found hanging from her cell’s bunk bed by another prisoner. Upon preliminary autopsy, it was determined that suffocation by hanging caused Amber’s death, and it was ruled as suicide.
- Her height was 5 feet 5 inches, while her husband was 6’4” and weighed 220 pounds.
- Amber’s mother Rhonda and her stepfather have had custody of her son Levi ever since Amber went to jail. Rhonda also helps run a Facebook group named In loving memory of Amber Hilberling where she posts old memories and photos of Amber.
Mollie Tibbetts Wiki, Father Dad, Boyfriend (Parents Mother) Height
Jodi Arias Wikipedia, Now 2023, Marriage, Bio, Family Parents【 Today 】
Alissa Turney Age, Petition, Dad Father, Sister Sarah Turney, Wiki 2023
Carolyn Bryant Wikipedia, Death Date, Age, Education, Biography, Family
Katherine Russell Tsarnaev Daughter, Remarried, New Husband 2022?
Maggie Freleng Partner, Age, Tattoos, Husband【 How old, Birthday 】Bio
Mark Madoff Biography, Death date, Wikipedia: Education, Wife, Net worth
Susan Cox Powell Age, Husband, Wikipedia, Theories, Bio, Story, Case
Michael Drejka Age, Wikipedia, Wife, Ethnicity, Appeal, Married Biography
Amber was clearly a narcissistic individual. All of her rambling and crocodile teats did not change anything. She killed her husband Joshua. WHY the baby was placed with her family is beyond me. The baby needs to be with his father’s family, with NO contact with anyone in Amber’s family. Instead of walking away or actually getting counseling or therapy, she chose the situation that she created. Joshua was also very young and should have just left her and extended the restraining order against her. He should have made provisions for his unborn child as well. Amber could have “claimed” anything she wanted, however, the other person was not here to defend himself or to tell the truth. Amber was incapable of telling the truth. Now the child has no parents and Joshua’s family really should have SOLE custody of the baby.
How incredibly sad, unhappy, and of course, as human beings, we all seem to believe that we have the right to judge other people’s lives and situations. The whole travesty has affected so many many lives and not one of us was there in those four walls throughout their relationship. There are two sides to every single story and as they say, there are only three people who really know what happened Amber, her husband, and God.
There are only ever losers no winners and the travesty is that a poor child will never know his father or get to know his mother.
To say that little Levi should have been sent to live with his father’s family and not Amber’s mother is pretty much trying to put blame on Amber’s mother’s door also for the young man’s death. That is very unfair, and none of us has the right to judge when I can only hope that little Levi is being brought up with love, and support from the family he has left. Hopefully, he will have the chance to be loved and cherished by both sets of families.
You are guessing at the divorce and restraining order, alcohol, and drugs this is what Josh supposedly said. Judging by height and weight, Josh probably was manhandling Amber. No way should she have been accountable! 7 months pregnant and he was putting his hands on her. A clear case of domestic violence brought on by emotional and physical incidents! Self-defense clearly. RIP Amber
Nothing humorous about any of this. They were very young and immature, at that age so was I and a lot of other people. Seeing people guilty of deliberate heinous crimes go free, only the self-righteous and cold-hearted can find this to be justice. But there is a lesson for all of us, the courts are flawed and corrupted and, despite our “guaranteed” rights and millions of laws, nowadays justice is guaranteed to no one except the elite and powerful crooks holding office in high places.
Wasn’t an “accident”. Amber’s soon-to-be ex-husband was concerned about the booze Amber used while pregnant with his child. Complained to the courts by asking for a restraining order against Amber & her parents prior to his death.
Unlike so many other people that are familiar with Amber, I was with Amber by visiting her often while she was in jail and through a humorously botched and lame trial. Then there was a situation where I was harassed and threatened by the Tulsa police and ultimately 14 officers were terminated and one committed suicide
Just terrible…I believe his death was an accident. If only Amber had taken the plea deal her death may not have happened. They were both so young,
What was her plea deal offer?
This was a travesty. Accidental death or manslaughter. Who would have thought a shove would end in him falling out a window. A pregnant, teenager in shock gets charged with murder. Shame on the system, it let this young woman down.
Save the BS. Ambers murdered husband had been complaining to his parents about what an emotionally unstable ‘psycho’ Amber was prior to his death…how she was using d*ugs while pregnant with Levi. The murdered husband went so far as to get a restraining order against Amber.
Levi should have been placed with his father’s family & not Amber’s.
She let herself down. She killed her husband, you pathetic twat.