Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Susan Cox Powell is an American missing person. She is presumed to be a murder victim, allegedly at the hands of her spouse, Josh Powell.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Susan Cox Powell was born Susan Marie Cox on October 16th, 1981, in Oregon, to parents Charles and Judy Cox. She has a sister, Denise Cox.
- Susan grew up in Puyallup, Washington, and attended Rogers High School, until she graduated in 2000.
- Despite attending the same high school, Susan only met the man who would become her husband, Joshua Powell, after graduating.
- Susan was enrolled on the same course as Joshua Powell at the Church of Latter-Day Saints’ Institute of Religion. In November 2000, She met Joshua at a dinner he hosted at his apartment in Tacoma, Washington.
- Joshua and Susan got married in April 2001 at the LDS Portland Oregon Temple.
- She initially lived with her husband at his father’s, Steven Powell, house in South Hill, Washington. This living situation proved fraught because Susan’s dad-in-law Steven became increasingly obsessed with Susan.
- In 2004, Susan and Joshua moved to West Valley City in Utah.
- Susan had her first child, a son called Charles, in 2005. In 2007, she had her second child, another son called Braden.
Crime & Missing Case Details :
- On December 7th, 2009, when Susan was twenty-eight years old, she was reported missing when her mother-in-law, Terrica, and her sister-in-law, Jennifer Graves dropped by the house and couldn’t find a sign of anyone. Susan and Joshua were meant to be at work and the two children were meant to be at day-care.
- Joshua showed up with the children later that afternoon, claiming that he had taken them on an impromptu camping trip. Searches started for Susan but proved fruitless.
- After custody of the children was given to Susan’s parents, Charles and Judy, Joshua had visitation rights with them. On February 5, 2012, he gruesomely murdered his sons and also perished in the explosion he caused.
- Susan has still not been found & presumed to be dead. However, her body too has not been recovered.
Work : Career Income, Salary & Net Worth
- Susan pursued a career in cosmetology but started working as a stockbroker for Wells Fargo Investments when she moved to Utah.
- She also had a realtor’s license. She had initially got this to help out with Joshua’s dreams of working in real estate.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
See above for details.
- There is an ongoing lawsuit against the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services over the murder of Susan’s sons Charles and Braden. The lawsuit was filed by Susan’s parents. The lawsuit alleges that the DSHS owed the children better care.
- Susan was very religious and very involved with the Church of Latter-Day Saints. She claimed in her journals that this was a source of conflict in her marriage because Steven was not religious and would not accompany her and the children to church.
- Susan attended church with her sons the day before she was reported missing.