Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Carol Brodie is a multi-talented individual known for her work as a jewelry and accessory designer, gems expert, curator, TV personality, host, author, and influencer. With a larger-than-life enthusiasm and charismatic presence, Carol has made a significant impact on the world of luxury brands.
- Apart from her professional endeavors, Carol is actively involved in philanthropy and maintains positions on the committees of several prominent charities. She has a deep passion for gemology and international travel.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born as Carolyn Sue Brodie in 1963, Carol is currently based in Manhattan, New York. Her father, Howard Brodie, used to run a real estate and insurance brokerage firm in Roslyn, while her mother, Harriet Brodie, was an independent special education counselor.
- In 1996, Carolyn married Stuart Roy Gelles at the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida. At the time of their marriage, Mr. Gelles (a graduate of Syracuse University) was a consultant based in New York, providing advisory services to CNN Financial News in the areas of business strategy and marketing communications.
- Carol’s greatest treasures in life are her twin boys, Noah and Grant (both now in their twenties), and her rescue dog, BEAN.
Early Life and Education :
- Instead of pursuing a career in the fashion & design space (it was her father’s wish for her to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology), Carol chose to pursue marketing and communications studies at Boston University in 1981. She graduated with a BS degree in 1985.
Work, Career, Salary and Net Worth :
- Carol is an entrepreneur at heart. She began shopping for sweaters, glitter, paint, rhinestones, studs, and lace at the neighborhood flea market when she was only 14 years old. She got obsessed with making handmade sparkling sweatshirts inspired by “flash dances,” which she marketed to posh shops on Long Island’s gold coast.
- In 2005, Brodie was appointed as the Chief Luxury Officer at CurtCo Media, where she spearheaded the positioning of CurtCo magazines as the leading voice in the international luxury marketplace.
- Prior to joining CurtCo, she had spent eight years as the Global Director of Communications for Harry Winston, Inc., expanding the brand’s reach and image to attract a younger clientele.
- Jewelry Design and Entrepreneurship: In September 2020, Carol introduced her modern collection of bold gold jewelry adorned with precious gems. Her designs are inspired by the jewels she has collected throughout her life.
- Carol believes knowledge is power and sees style as a form of empowerment. Her demi-fine brand, influenced by art deco and luxurious aesthetics, reflects her insatiable love for jewelry. With an edgy and modern approach to design, Carol’s brand aims to enrich and empower through unique geometric creations.
- Media Presence and Celebrity Styling :Carol became a sought-after media personality due to her celebrity styling and access to a treasure trove of Harry Winston diamonds. She has appeared as a style and jewelry expert on numerous shows and publications, including The Today Show, Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America, and more.
- Talk Show Host :In 2009, Carol fulfilled her dream of hosting her own talk show “Rarities Fine Jewelry with Carol Brodie” on the Home Shopping Network (HSN). Carol’s jewelry line and show have achieved tremendous success on the television shopping channel. Crafted entirely in gold, Carol’s designs were meant to radiate warmth, elegance, and empower each woman to shine like a goddess. Leveraging social media and her live success, Carol has become one of HSN’s top-selling personalities in the fine jewelry category, garnering a devoted following of fans and consumers.
- Moreover, she has appeared as a style and jewelry expert on various renowned shows and publications, including The Today Show, Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America, Access Hollywood, and many more.
- Carol has mastered various skills, from her early days as a spokesperson for De Beers Diamonds to overseeing global communications with Harry Winston and then acting as the world’s 1st Chief Luxury Officer at Robb Report mag and an assortment of other titles targeted at the über wealthy. These skills include :
- Brand Architect and Stylist
- Public Speaker and Negotiator
- Image Consultant
- Sales Development
- Strategic Alliances
- Marketing and Advertising
- Jewelry and Gemology
- PR & Marketing duties
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Carol’s guilty pleasures include indulging in red wine, genuine gems, great accents, and stunning stilettos. She has been recognized as “The Queen of Diamonds” by Kiplinger for her expertise and knowledge in the fine jewelry sector.
- Carol is passionate about women’s empowerment and uses her platform to advocate for the cause. She believes that knowledge equals power and that style is a form of empowerment, inspiring women to embrace their unique identities.
- After undergoing surgery for a malignant melanoma on her face in 2012, Carol found solace and strength in her favorite mantra: “Fear plus fearless equals my best energy.” The cancer experience left her in a deep state of melancholy, grappling with the emotional and physical scars of cancer. Doubts about her appearance on camera constantly plagued her thoughts. As someone who had always been admired for her beautiful features, the realization that her face had been altered caused her to question her own attractiveness, thinking to herself, “I won’t even be the pretty girl.” However, through the power of her inner resilience, Carol emerged stronger, embracing fearlessness as she reclaimed her confidence and embraced a new chapter in her life.
- According to an interview with IOIO Park Place (July 7, 2021), Carol’s most significant success, aside from her children, is letting go of abuse. It took her about six months before the interview to truly let go and forgive. That is why she advocates for women’s empowerment.
- Carol was not just the face of Harry Winston during her tenure there. She was also recognized for broadening the brand’s appeal to young customers and dressing red-carpet stars in borrowed jewelry.
- A few years after her graduation, Carol traveled to Los Angeles biweekly, bejeweling Hollywood stars at the most prestigious red-carpet events. Carol has dressed Hollywood’s top stars like Michael Jackson, Prince, Gwyneth, Halle, Kate, and Reese in diamonds for the Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, and Golden Globes.
- Kiplinger has dubbed Brodie “The Queen of Diamonds.” The title defines her expertise and knowledge in the fine jewelry sector.
- During her interview with SohoMuse Marketplace (December 21, 2021), Carol mentioned that she does not believe she has identified her ultimate life purpose. Brodie added that she is in a period of intense reflection and self-discovery, with no future plans, because does not believe she has achieved her full potential. Carol also added that she is writing a book to inspire and create transformative experiences for readers. She considers herself spiritual, valuing the faith and wisdom gained through meaningful connections with others. She remains open-minded and available for new opportunities.
- Grey Goose on the rocks with a splash of lime juice is her favorite drink and Milos is her favorite restaurant.
Nikki Butler Wikipedia, Jewelry HSN, Biography, Age ( Tim Roth Wife )
Tina Jennings Age, Wikipedia, Husband【 HSN Biography 】Height
Ty Mayberry Wife Husband【 Wikipedia Bio 】Family, Married, Age
Jay King Wife, Age【 HSN Wikipedia Bio 】Weight loss, Married, Net worth
Adrien Arpel Age, Husband【 Net worth 】Wikipedia Bio, Married Family
Guy Yovan HSN : Wikipedia, Age, Wife, Son, Height, Married, Bio
Adam Freeman【 HSN 】Salary, Net Worth, Age, Biography Wikipedia