Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Annie Karni is a reporter for POLITICO specialising in political stories. She is a member of the White House Press Corps.
Early Life, Education & Family Details :
- Annie is a native of Baltimore, Maryland, and was born in 1983.
- She attended the Park School of Baltimore and graduated from Haverford College with a Bachelor of Arts in English in 2004. She was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa society.
- She admitted to being single on purpose for most of her 20s, as she enjoyed the freedom of being single.
- She was born to parents – Barbara S. Karni (mother) and Edi Karni (father).
- Edi is an economics professor at Johns Hopkins University and originally is from Israel. Her mother Barbara worked as a freelance editor.
- She has a sister, Anat Karni. Anat is married to Kodi Sudri & is now based in Israel.
- Annie married Ted Mann on August 8, 2015, at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple. Her childhood friend, Ryan Downer, who became a Universal Life minister officiated the occasion.
- The couple went to Costa Rica for their honeymoon.
Salary, Career & Professional Life :
- Annie kicked off her career with New York Sun as a reporter in 2005. There she mainly covered stories on transportation and higher education. She stayed there until 2007.
- After a year-long hiatus, Annie started reporting for the New York Post, writing for the Sunday edition on local news.
- Annie joined the Crain’s New York Business after almost five years with New York Post. There she was a reporter focusing on economic and political news.
- She became a political reporter for the New York Daily News in 2013 & covered the Mayor de Blasio’s administration.
- After nearly two years, she moved to her current position in POLITICO, where she was most noted for her coverage on Hilary Clinton’s 2016 Presidential campaign.
Trivia, Quirks, Height & Interesting Facts :
Married. See above for details.
- Hilary Clinton allegedly recognises Annie as she asked Jennifer Palmieri, her communications director if she had gotten a haircut.
- Karni admits that she sometimes hated herself for being a woman, who doesn’t get a good night’s sleep because she knows that she is in for a nasty morning. She imagines that a guy would not care about such issues, and in fact, may actually enjoy it.
- She used to takes power-yoga classes in Des Moines & boxing classes in the suburbs of Las Vegas to keep her energy levels up.
- Her ex-colleagues at New York Daily News made her a couple of front pages to commemorate her time there. One read “Weiner Con Karni: Dimples legs Post to advise Lil’ Tony” and a picture of her face photo shopped beside Anthony Weiner. The other read Ready for Hillary: Karni pants-suiting up for 2016 trail, and a picture of Hilary sending a text to Annie which read, Annie, make sure you delete this…