Daniel Dale Toronto Star, Wiki, Age, Bio, Wikipedia, Washington Post
Daniel Dale Date of Birth / Birthday / Age / DOB
Born in 1986. His age as of 2019 is around 33 years.
Wedding & Marriage / Wife / Spouse / Partner / Dating
Information / Biography Profile
- One of Canada’s leading young journalists, Daniel Dale is an award winning reporter for the Toronto Star.
- He is a winner of many prestigious awards & several endorsements from his colleagues and from highly skilled journalists & news writers.
- He twice won the prestigious Edward Goff Penny Award & his career has even taken him from his home town to the US to serve as the Washington Correspondent.
Education & College :
- Daniel studied at York University’s Schulich School of Business in Toronto from 2003 to 2008 & graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration.
- He interned at Toronto Star in Summer 2007.
Profession, Salary & Career :
- Fresh out of university, Daniel landed a job as City Reporter for the Toronto Star, Canada’s leading online news network.
- Beginning in September 2008, he covered news stories in Toronto & wrote feature articles.
- In December 2010, Daniel took the next step in his career and became the City Hall Reporter and covered Rob Ford’s term as Mayor of Toronto.
- Around February 2013 he also took on the job of Acting Bureau Chief of the Toronto Star.
- In January 2015 Daniel left Toronto & became the Washington Correspondent for the Toronto Star.
- He now reports on news in the Washington area & covers US political stories.
- While covering the 2016 presidential elections & pre-election campaigns, he has attended Trump rallies & interviewed many of Trumps Supporters.
Political Experience & Life as a Journalist :
- Daniel told Toronto Life that his experience covering Rob Ford’s term had made him more prepared to take the Trump campaign seriously, even in the early stages.
- He commented on the similarity between the devotion of Trump supporters to Ford’s backers as well as events which parallelled developments in the Canadian campaign.
- Funnily, Daniel described Donald Trump’s hair as a flowey inescapable flouf of tousled blondness”.
Awards & Achievements :
- At the age of 24, Daniel was awarded his first Edward Goff Penny Award for Young Canadian Journalists in the 25,000 circulation category in March 2010.
- In 2011, he won the award again, this time for his report on a 4-year project by former Mayor David Miller, to convert 13 of Toronto’s poorest areas into prospering communities.
Controversy & Scandal :
- In December 2013, in an interview with Conrad Black, Rob Ford made some implications that Daniel was a pedophile and stated that the reporter had been taking photos of his young children in the back garden of their home in Etobicoke in May 2012.
- Daniel was quick to take action and issued a legal notice against the politician.
- He reportedly intended to take Ford to court if he didn’t receive a full apology.
- Initially Ford refused to apologize, but later issued an apology which was rejected by Daniel.
- His second apology via an open letter was accepted and Daniel dropped the lawsuit.
No confirmed information available.