Juana Summers is an American journalist, news writer, and political expert. Currently, she is a senior political writer and reporter for CNN.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Juana Summers-Markland was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri.
- It is unclear how old Juana currently is as she keeps her personal life separate from her professional one, but estimating from her graduation year, she seems to be in her mid thirties (as of 2021).
- Juana was raised in a regular, Christian African-American family and developed an interest in politics and the world from an early age.
- She currently resides in Baltimore in Maryland and is married to David Markland.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Juana attended local schools in Kansas City and negotiated the American education system with consummate ease.
- Following a successful stint in high school and her subsequent graduation, Juana moved to the University of Missouri to study a degree in Media Convergence (which is the study of merging media platforms into digital forms or running digital media alongside other traditional platforms). She graduated in 2009.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Juana started her career as the Political Editor at online news site Mashable, where she completely overhauled the site’s coverage of U.S. politics and made it completely multimedia friendly by extending the site over several platforms.
- While at Mashable, she was also responsible for leading a team of reporters at Congress and at the White House during the 2016 presidential race.
- While working for Mashable, Juana also had success working as a freelance reporter in Washington D.C., covering events throughout the 2012 Presidential Race which included the sexual harassment case brought against Herman Cain that essentially ended his presidential career.
- Summers eventually left Mashable in early 2017 when she started to work for CNN.
- When she joined CNN, Juana was first hired to work on the launch of their CNN politics app, and from this, went on to work for the editorial team before becoming a senior writer for CNN politics in Washington. She also offers frequent political analysis to many of their shows.
- She has also covered Congress, defence and veteran’s issues for Politico and NPR.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Juana mentions on her website that she travels up and down the country telling stories at the intersection of race, class and politics.
- In her downtime Juana likes to read, watch TV and spend time with her husband David.
- She had suggested that she can often be found exploring any particular city’s food and craft beverage scene and hopes that one day in her future, she will be able to own and run the brewery of her own.