Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Laura Fink is an American Political Analyst, Political Strategist, PR Expert, and Speechwriter.
- As a successful instructor, writer, speaker, and strategist, Laura has helped state and national-level leaders get elected by effectively communicating their stories. She has also had notable success in rejuvenating non-profits and exponentially growing struggling businesses.
- Over the years, Fink has worked as a trusted advisor for well-known corporate leaders, Congress members, non-profit executives, a former California State Assembly speaker, and some high-profile philanthropists.
- Currently, she is based in San Diego, California.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born to Bill Fink (father) and Marry Ann (mother) on February 12, 1977, Laura was raised in the El Cerrito neighborhood of San Diego, California.
- Laura wished her dad, Bill, a happy 74th birthday in an Instagram post on April 23, 2018.
- Drawing from her social media, Laura is close to her siblings – brother, Enfuego Joe Fink, and her sister, Hermanas Fink.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Laura attended the Crawford High School in San Diego, California, from 1990 to 1994. Since her high school days, she was quite active in various clubs and societies. She was distinguished in varsity sports like volleyball, basketball, softball, and Auroras Seminar Honors Program.
- Upon graduating from high school in 1994, Laura enrolled in the Wellesley College based in San Diego. In 1998, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English and Political Science. Here too, she actively participated in Varsity Volleyball and the Shakespeare Society.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Harnessing the narrative’s power is the through-line connecting Laura’s career in technology, education, business, politics, and media. She brings to her clients the strength of her experience and helps leaders and organizations, from the boardroom to the ballot box.
- No stranger to media engagement herself, Laura frequently serves as a political analyst on national television, radio, and print media. Over the last few years, Laura’s political commentary has featured in the Los Angeles Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, New York Daily News, Sky News, PBS, Bloomberg News, Huffington Post, and Fox News.
- Fink worked as a regional lead at MicroStrategy based in Vienna and Virginia from May 1999 to July 2000. She managed all priority technical issues for Northeastern and Western US clients. She helped negotiate time-frames and technical solutions for top clients like American Express, Merck, Pacific Bell, Bank of America, Safeway, Nike, JD Edwards Visa & CNET. Additionally, Laura served as a technical & managerial liaison for all Northeastern and Western Sales & Consulting Executives. She was also responsible for two teams of five engineers and ensuring the recruitment, integration, and training of engineers.
- Laura worked as the Deputy Campaign Manager and Finance Director for the National Congressional campaign in California’s Greater San Diego area from November 2004 to June 2006. As the finance director, Laura helped the campaign raise $1.6 million from 4300 donors in a competitive Democratic primary, leading to a 52%-42% victory. She also developed and managed finance plans, including projections, quarterly targets, and cash flows.
- From July to November 2006, Fink worked as Finance Director for ‘Arcuri For Congress.’ This was the official slogan for Michael Arcuri’s campaign dedicated to his 2010 election run for the 24th Congressional District in New York. Laura served as a senior staff advisor on a campaign that helped win a seat previously held by Republicans for over 60 years. Fink oversaw campaign cash flow and created a finance plan that raised over 2 million dollars.
- From January 2007 to December 2017, Laura served as the President of Fink & Hernandez Consulting LLC in the Greater San Diego area. She worked with select clients and was responsible for political strategy, outreach, and communications and messaging.
- In January 2017, Laura founded Rebelle Communications, a firm based in San Diego and New York. She has served as the CEO since the firm’s founding. At Rebelle, Laura and her staff help people to find their story and express it well. Laura has helped clients to hone their narrative and craft a strategy to effectively reach their target audience.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Being a former athlete and theatre performer, Laura strongly believes that blending both creativity and tactics leads to success. She has been able to help clients achieve their strategic goals, improve their profiles, launch their comebacks, and redefine their brands based on her formula.
- According to The Wellesley Effect, Laura Fink was once advised by her friend, Kara Lipson while participating in Shakespeare Society at her high school – “A successful production requires perfect casting.” Laura has found that advice to be useful in her career, from political campaigns to business to volunteer leadership.
- Being a well-known political strategist, Laura was hired as the Democratic Party strategist for the Presidential Elections 2020.
- While being interviewed by Wellesley Underground on February 21, 2017, Laura told the readers that she was not great in sports. Her experience at Wellesley College taught her that she was more of a leader than a player.
- In an interview, Laura was asked about her campaigning efforts for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential elections. She told the interviewer that she and her business partner were involved in a large-scale fundraiser. Laura’s favorite memory from the fundraising event was her Republican father taking a photo with Democrat former President Bill Clinton.
- As a long-time volunteer and activist, Laura has worked on causes like women’s reproductive freedom, leadership position roles for women, and violence against women. She is the Vice-Chair of San Diego’s Coalition for Reproductive Justice.
- Fink always keeps her cool when appearing as a political analyst on television news. She believes that not getting ruffled and keeping your cool can persuade opposing people on camera. Laura gets frustrated sometimes when watching the heated exchanges afterward and realizing she could have been better.
- For Laura, a good pep talk from her friends reassures her of not failing to defend progressive causes. New exciting projects and people with tenacity and courage are her other sources of inspiration.
- In an interview with KPBS, Laura spoke about being a victim of sexual harassment. Mayor Bob Filner had misbehaved with her during a San Diego fundraising event back in 2005. Laura explained that she did not come forward then, as she was trying to build a political career. Laura said that Mayor Bob had a particular reputation for holding grudges and exercising fast retaliation. As proof, Fink handed KPBS the email copy where Filner had apologized for the assault.
- On April 14, 2020, Laura posted a video featuring former President Barack Obama on Twitter captioned: “Damn, I miss him.” In the video, Obama urged Americans of all political stripes to get involved in politics and public life.
- While presenting her opinion about the 2020 Presidential elections on CBS8 in October 2020, Laura observed that the political ads were at an all-time high. She also said that it was quite natural for online users, residents, and voters, to be overwhelmed, especially in the COVID-19 pandemic. She also explained that as per her experience, undecided voters would be affected by the ads.
Personal / Home / Contact Details
- Marital Status / Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
Cynthia Alksne【 Wikipedia Biography 】Age, Husband, Married, Bio
Christy Setzer Age, Wikipedia Biography, Husband, Married, Parents
Jess McIntosh Bio, Wikipedia, Husband, Baby, Age, Education, Tattoos
Molly Jong Fast Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Net Worth, Family, Parents, Wiki
Britainy Beshear Age【 Education, College 】Wikipedia, Birthday, Bio