Background Profile / Wiki Information
- A smart and levelheaded woman, Cynthia Alksne is a former federal prosecutor and legal analyst for MSNBC.
- An expert on criminal law, police investigations, grand jury and confrontational interviewing techniques, Alksne has tried more than fifty cases to verdict and analyzed many more.
Personal Life : Family Background & Education
- Born on May 19, 1959, to parents Patti and John Alksne, she was raised in Richmond, Virginia, and although her parents got divorced later, they remained good friends.
- After news of her son’s death, Ward in 2012, and a series of various health challenges that went on for almost two years, Cynthia’s mother eventually passed away from complications related to pulmonary hypertension in 2013.
- Cynthia is married to Democratic Strategist Steve McMahon and is a mother to four children, who are all grown up now.
- Alksne has attended the University of San Diego and George Washington University.
More About Steve :
- Cynthia’s husband, Steve McMahon is an attorney and co-founder of Purple Strategies, LLC, a bipartisan communications firm that offers services in strategic communication and public affairs. The firm helps develop litigation communication strategies for major companies facing significant litigation threats.
- Steve got his first taste of politics when he was Assistant Press Secretary for US Senator, Edward M. Kennedy back in 1982 and has since been in the profession ever since.
- Since then, he has held three senior roles in 3 Presidential campaigns, including acting as a Chief Strategist for Howard Dean’s Presidential campaign.
- He was Vice President for Doak, Shrum and Associates for four years, co-founder of Trippi McMahon and Squier and later, McMahon Squier and Associates and despite being the current CEO of Purple Strategies, is still an Adjunct Professor in New York University, a position he has held since 2008.
Cynthia Alksne Education, Career & Net Worth :
- Cynthia worked as a prosecutor in the Civil Rights Division at the US Department of Justice and for the former Attorney General Eric Holder as an Assistant US Attorney in the US Attorney’s Office in Washington.
- She was also an Assistant District Attorney in the Brooklyn, NY District Attorney’s Office and Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas.
- After over 30 years in the legal field, Cynthia has handled several complex crime-scene and criminal investigations, FBI interviews and investigations, FBI-administered lie-detector tests, and negotiated plea negotiations involving multiple defendants.
- Having played her part in cleaning up society, Alksne is responsible for prosecuting matters involving police brutality, rape, assaults, narcotics cases, and even some noted hate group.
- Also a certified Pilates teacher, she has taken her foot off the pedal a little after enjoying a long and successful career so far.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Patti, Cynthia’s mother, was quite active in politics during her lifetime.
- Cynthia is a huge hockey fan and is a longtime season ticket holder and fan of Stanley Cup champions, The Washington Capitals.
- Steve McMahon, her husband regularly appears on MSNBC as a political commentator with Chris Matthews and Andrea Mitchell.
- Cynthia manages her own website, where she regularly writes posts on the latest political issues.
Body Info / Physical Features
Cynthia Alksne Measurements :
- Eye Color : Light Green
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- Cynthia Alksne Height : 5′ 5″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 4
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White. The surname Alksne has Latvian origin.
- Nationality : American