Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Portia Antonia Alexis is a British economist and mathematician who analyses economic issues using cognitive scientific and mathematical methods.
- She is best known for her works Generation Wealth, The Academic Agent, and Crash Course: Economics. She has accumulated over 40,000 followers on her self-titled Twitter account.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Portia Antonia Alexis was born in London, England. She was born to her parents who are mining and fabric investors.
- She is of African and South American descent.
- Her sister who was an undergraduate student in Medical School at Queen Mary University of London committed suicide by hanging in her dormitory room.
- She attended Channing School for Girls in Highgate Hill in Highgate, North London.
- She studied A-Level Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology and Physics.
- She obtained her BSc and MSc at London School of Economics and Political Science.
Husband, Married & Partner :
- In 2019, Portia shared that she did not wish to discuss her relationship publicly.
Early Life :
- Portia credits her love of reading to a quiet sheltered childhood.
- She suffered from selective mutism till the age of 5.
- She suffers from social anxiety.
- She describes herself as an introvert.
- As a child she aspired to become a doctor or mathematics teacher.
- Growing up her hobbies included horse riding and ballet.
Net Worth :
- Portia’s parents have a collective net worth of an estimated $70 million with investments in mining, fabric, real estate, and entertainment venues.
Career Details :
- Portia worked as a Domestic Violence Victim Support Worker for the London Metropolitan Police as an A-Level and University Student.
- Following the suicide of her sister, she trained with Mind Mental Health Charity as a volunteer counsellor supporting youths with mental health issues.
- She volunteered as a Samaritan during her Master’s Degree.
- During her second year of university, she was a summer analyst at Newton Asset Management within the Investment Management team.
- Shortly after graduating, she joined Bank of America Merrill Lynch as a graduate Mergers and Acquisitions analyst.
- She then worked at McKinsey and Company as a consumer goods analyst.
- Portia regularly writes and gives commentary on current and future consumer goods insights.
- She has written papers on economic issues and consumer goods analysis.
- She briefly worked as a commercial model during her undergraduate university degree.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- To overcome her fear of flying, she began flying lessons and received a Private Pilot Licence.
- A lactose intolerant person, she prefers almond milk.
- Torn between continents she lives between London, New York and Los Angeles
Sonia Sodha Wiki, Husband, Nationality, Age, Married【 Wikipedia Bio 】
Grace Blakeley Boyfriend, Wikipedia, Age, Parents, Married Husband, Bio
Madeline Grant Wiki, Age, Bio, Married, Husband, Net worth :: Wikipedia
Jane O Brien BBC America :: Wikipedia, Husband, Age, How old, Bio
Anthony Zurcher Age【 BBC 】Wiki Biography, Married, Wife, Wikipedia
Mina Al-Oraibi Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Husband, Married ( The National )
Pippa Crerar Daily Mirror, Age, Husband, Bio, Parents Family, Wikipedia
Elizabeth Glinka Wiki【 Married Partner 】Age, Biography, Date of Birth
Rajini Vaidyanathan Wikipedia BBC, Age, Bio, Married, Husband, Height