|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1992. As of 2023, she is around 31 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse / Partner||Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|Where is Madeline Grant now?||Madeline Grant is a columnist, Assistant Comment Editor and Parliamentary Sketchwriter for The Telegraph.|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Bright and articulate, Madeline Grant is a young and dynamic political commentator and author.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Madeline was born in 1992. She is the daughter of parents John Grant (father) and Sally Jones (mother).
- Madeline’s dad is a retired civil engineer and her mum, Sally is a BBC journalist and a former world champion in the racquet sport ‘Real Tennis’. Sally has appeared on many quiz shows like Mastermind, Krypton Factor, Fifteen-to-One and Sale of the Century.
- Siblings : Madeline has an older brother named Roland. At the age of just 10, her brother reached the finals of ‘Britain’s Brainiest Kid.’ Roland later went on to attend the Gonville & Caius College, a constituent college of the University of Cambridge.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Madeline attended the same school as her mother did, the King Edward VI High School for Girls in Birmingham.
- Prior to attending university, she worked as a part-time model (2007 to 2010).
- In 2014, Grant graduated with a BA in English Language and Literature Degree from the prestigious St Hilda’s College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford. While studying at university, she was actively involved in college politics, and also represented the university in sports like tennis and netball.
Stint with Oxford Union :
- Madeline was also elected onto the standing committee of the world-renowned debating society, Oxford Union. She paid £200 for voluntary lifelong membership to the Union because she wanted to see famous people speak there. This helped to overcome her shyness & become a better speaker.
- When a friend of Madeline ran for President of the Oxford Union, she became interested in the election process.
- Madeline decided to campaign to become the Librarian but was fined £120 because of her slogan – ‘I don’t hack, I have a great rack’. This was supposed to be a joke against the ‘hacks’ who would openly flirt to try and canvass votes, which the Union frowned upon. Unfortunately for her, this backfired. The story made the national press, and at just 19, she was thrown into the limelight for the wrong reasons.
Career, Income, Salary and Net worth :
- Putting her uncomfortable experience at Oxford Union behind her, Madeline began her career as a Parliamentary researcher and speechwriter. Gaining experience in this role, she became a reporter for the magazine Newsweek.
- From August 2016 to January 2019, Grant was the Digital Editorial Manager for Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA). In this role, she ran IEA’s blog and created content for the podcast channel
- From January 2019 – September 2020, Grant was the Assistant Comment Editor at The Telegraph. From September 2020 onwards, Madeline has been the Parliamentary Sketchwriter for the Sunday Telegraph.
- Madeline has made a few TV appearances on shows like Politics Live and Good Morning Britain.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Madeline is a huge fan of Jane Austen and James Bond.
- She appeared on BBC’s Mastermind at the age of just 21 and made it to the semi-finals. At the time of her participation, she was one of the youngest contestants. Her specialist subject was ‘Harry Potter.’ Later, the Grant family made history because Madeline’s mother had appeared on the show a few weeks earlier, making them the first mother-daughter combo to appear on the series.
- Madeline’s sharp intellect saw her captain St Hilda’s College Oxford in the TV series ‘University Challenge’.
- Grant once received a hug and a kiss from Hollywood star Johnny Depp.
Body Figure / Physical Info
(**all details verified from her modelling profile)
- Eye Colour : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Colour : Black
- How tall / Madeline Grant Height : 5′11″
- Size : 8
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Sonia Sodha Wiki, Husband, Nationality, Age, Married【 Wikipedia Bio 】
Grace Blakeley Boyfriend, Wikipedia, Age, Parents, Married Husband, Bio
Ella Whelan【 Wikipedia 】Age Born, Married, Partner Husband, Father
Jane O Brien BBC America :: Wikipedia, Husband, Age, How old, Bio
Anthony Zurcher Age【 BBC 】Wiki Biography, Married, Wife, Wikipedia
Mina Al-Oraibi Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Husband, Married ( The National )
Pippa Crerar Daily Mirror, Age, Husband, Bio, Parents Family, Wikipedia
Elizabeth Glinka Wiki【 Married Partner 】Age, Biography, Date of Birth
Kate Andrews Parents, Age【 IEA Spectator Wikipedia Biography 】Married
Rajini Vaidyanathan Wikipedia BBC, Age, Bio, Married, Husband, Height
Thank you for your written piece in today’s (28.06.20) Telegraph. I do find the recent attack on freedom of speech, disturbing. Are there other laws to support the “attacks” of which I am unaware? Human Rights legislation, incitement, etc. If so, maybe that needs to be mentioned to round off the comment. In any event, the strength of your writing in favor of freedom of speech in a free society, is necessary, especially in the current clime.