Samantha Vinograd is an American political commentator who serves as a National Security Analyst at CNN. She is well-known for having been an advisor at various important positions during Barack Obama’s presidency.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Samantha Erin Vinograd was born on February 18, 1983, in New Jersey to parents – Serge G. Vinograd (father) & Barbara Lefkowitz Vinograd (mother).
- Her parents are both Jewish and her father was a Holocaust survivor. She has three siblings – sisters Ariane Vinograd and Cassandra Vinograd; and brother, Benjamin.
- Her sister Cassandra is an award-winning journalist, while her other sister Ariane is a graduate of the Columbia Law School & currently works as an Attorney.
- Besides English, she is fluent in French and even proficient in Arabic and Hebrew.
- Currently, Sam lives in Washington, D.C.
Education and Job Timeline :
- Vinograd graduated with a B.A. in Asian and Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Pennsylvania and an M.A. in Security Studies from Georgetown University.
- She began her career in Iraq working for the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and then in several positions for the administration of President Barack Obama.
- Between 2009 and 2013, she was on the National Security Council as the Director for Iraq, the Director for International Economics, and even the Senior Advisor to the National Security Advisor.
- In 2013, she headed to the banking firm Goldman Sachs, focusing on public-private sector partnerships and working on global energy and sustainability issues.
- Currently, she is seen mostly on various CNN shows such as Wolf, Newsroom with John Berman, Presidential Weekly Briefing, etc.
Journalism Career, Salary and Net Worth :
- Vinograd has published and been featured in several popular media outlets, including The New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Politico, etc.
- Fellow journalists have described Vinograd as “One of the next-generation pioneers,” because, in her short time in the public & private sectors, she has demonstrated her ability to handle some of the most complex challenges in national security and diplomacy.
- The articles Samantha has written for magazines like POLITICO revolve around important social, economic, and political issues such as former President Trump’s relationship with Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, or the dangers of terrorism in the modern world
Recognition & Other Interesting Trivia :
- Samantha & Morgan Ortagus are the regarded as two of the most reliable women for comments on National Security, and have been interviewed a couple of times to discuss and understand the complex subject. They even share a long bipartisan friendship.
- Samantha is involved in social impact work & serves as an advisor to the US Fund for UNICEF, World of Children, the Next Generation Board of the U.S. Holocaust Museum and the Concordia Summit.
- She usually works with students and was a Visiting Fellow at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Public Policy Institute.
- She was named a David E. Rockefeller Fellow at the Trilateral Commission and a Millennium Fellow at the Atlantic Council.
Social Media :
- The political pundit has over 140,000 followers on Twitter (now called X), her most used social media account, where she shares news about public policy and interacts with her supporters. She considers online platforms as key communication tools.
- She also has close to 10,000 followers on Instagram.
Health Update :
- Samantha Vinograd Illness / Sick : She has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.
- Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Samantha Vinograd Nationality : American