|Personal Details Summary
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB
|August 4, 1953. As of 2024, he is around 71 years old.
|Wedding / Wife / Partner / Marriage / Spouse
|Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Children / No. of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
|Where is Alex Debogorski today?
|Debogorski writes for his local newspaper, The Yellowknifer, today.
Alex Debogorski, the dynamic ice road trucker, believes in embracing life, knowing that his day could end precariously at any moment!
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Alex was born on August 4, 1953, in Berwyn, Alberta, Canada.
- Parents : His father, Stanley, was a paratrooper & and tank commander in World War II with the first brigade. His mother, Irene, was a Cambridge graduate in the fields of math and music.
- The Debogorski family moved from Britain to Canada in 1952.
- Alex grew up on a farm in Alberta, Canada, with his three brothers and sister. Many of his immediate family and extended relatives relocated to other parts of Europe, America, and South America following WWII and have remained in contact.
- Debogorski graduated from the University of Alberta and worked in a tire store.
- He met Louise, and they moved to Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories of Canada in 1976. He has been in numerous TV shows, including Jimmy Kimmel Live as a guest, and in a documentary regarding his life as an Ice Trucker in the Northwest Territory of Canada.
- Alex and Louise have eleven children and many more grandchildren!
- He has an infectious laugh, an intelligent mind, and the ability to quickly assess the situation and think outside-the-box. His friends say that “they broke the mold” when he was born, and they have never met anyone else like him!
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Debogorski decided to become a trucker in 1972 at the age of nineteen & had various other odd jobs prior to purchasing his first truck in 1980.
- He has worked as a taxi driver, coal miner, diamond prospector, a club bouncer, an oil rigger, and bought and sold mobile homes, all of which have been beneficial as lessons for his current role as an ‘Ice Road Trucker.’ These truckers risk their lives hauling essential supplies over frozen waters that serve as roads in Canada’s deep winter.
- Alex has authored the best-selling book King of the Road: True Tales from a Legendary Ice Road Trucker. When he was a little kid, he wanted to be a superhero and save people from bad things. He states, “I’ve had the opportunity to be a real hero, and I’ve had the opportunity to be a real ass, and I’ve taken that one, too!”
- He insists he was born with something that one can’t buy or learn: Poetic license, which has kept the other drivers awake and entertained on those long dark nights when they trek over the Northern ice.
- Debogorski also entertains with his stories in the local newspaper, The Yellowknifer. His son, Andrew, was diagnosed with ALS in 2017, which has further given Alex the viewpoint that life is brief and one needs to keep that always in perspective as we live.
- The well-known trucker encourages others to make peace with that finality and to live life without regrets, so much so that he is building his own coffin and intends to ‘give it a pat’ each day as he is leaving for the day.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Alex Debogorski Death Died / Mort Tot : There are some searches regarding this, but he is still very much alive!