Bobby Giancola enjoys life at sea and says drama would always occur, no matter if the cameras were present or not, just from cramming a dozen people together on a small boat.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born on February 2, 1985, Giancola calls Indian Harbour Beach, Florida, his home and has kept his laid-back vibe despite his travels.
- Bobby has a sister who is older than him, and he was raised by his mother, Susan.
Weight Gain :
- One of Giancola’s early girlfriends was the daughter of a chef. Bobby confesses all they did was eat well and drink beer.
- This led to being overweight, and he knew it was time to make a change when he saw how tired he was all the time and that it was impacting his job as a fireman.
- He recognized he was putting his colleagues at risk, as he may not be in top physical shape to drag them out of a dangerous fire situation, and decided to make a change.
- Now, when he needs the motivation to get back in shape or to work out, he recalls how far he has come, and it ignites the passion inside again.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Giancola has been working at the Cocoa Beach, Florida, fire department for several years, enjoying the adrenaline rush that comes with being a fire fighter. He is also trained as an EMT.
- Bobby taught marine firefighting for a while in Florida & then joined the Below Deck television show as a deck hand for the ship Ionian Princess.
- More recently, he left his firefighting career in pursuit of Mediterranean yachting full time. He says the two jobs are similar in that they are both adventurous jobs that take you to crazy places.
- Currently, he continues to feature on the Bravo-TV show Below Deck Mediterranean, and is working toward his captain’s license.
- His recommendation to fans that are embarking on a yacht cruise is to remember seasickness medicine. Once they feel the beginning of seasickness, it is too late.
- Bobby’s other go-to is Neutrogena sunscreen, which lasts for hours!
- He continues to work with Elite Yacht Management, doing maintenance and learning all he can about the industry.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Bobby was a childhood friend of Vanderpump Rules star, Ariana Madix. They met in ninth grade and she was his first high school friend.
- He recalls her riding her horse Raven, and says she doesn’t sugarcoat anything but is down-to-earth and kind hearted.
- Giancola’s guilty pleasure is superhero movies, be they DC Comics or Marvel, he enjoys them all.
- More recently, Bobby has moved to California, but when he was in Fort Lauderdale, he states that fans stopped him four or five time every time he went out.