Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Jaclyn Schwartzberg is a TV reality star and was one of the contestants of Season 6 of the show ‘Married At First Sight’ in 2017.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Jaclyn grew up in an idyllic childhood with two siblings. Her parents had what she describes as a ‘perfect relationship’.
- Jaclyn graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a Master’s in education. Her teaching career was short-lived & she switched professions from teaching to being a sales representative.
- She had a boyfriend whom she believed was her soulmate. Her boyfriend passed away in 2015 because of an undiagnosed autoimmune disease. The sudden loss of her boyfriend was devastating. Jackson described her boyfriend’s death as “the hardest thing she had ever gone through in her entire life.”
- After two years grieving over her boyfriend, Jaclyn decided to participate in the program Married at First Sight. Her hope was the experts could find her someone whom she could connect with.
Her match in ‘Married at First Sight’ :
- As per the show rules, the couples marry and spend eight weeks together. At the end of the eight weeks, they were to decide whether to stay married or to divorce.
- The experts had matched Jaclyn with Ryan Buckley. Ryan was the same age as Jaclyn and a firefighter in Boston, MA.
- His childhood was equally perfect as Jaclyn’s & he too had grown-up his siblings – three sisters.
- Like Jaclyn, his parents were the perfect couple and Ryan was looking for a special someone to spend his life with.
- Jaclyn and Ryan got on well. The filming of the day after the marriage showed the couple rising out of their bed & the camera panned to a used condom on the floor next to the bed.
- However, they began bickering and fighting throughout the show.
The Fights & Adjustments :
- One of the flashpoints was when Jaclyn and Ryan were moving into an apartment together.
- Jaclyn had to clear out her old apartment and all the old memories of her boyfriend & she broke down in tears.
- In one scene, she tearfully showed an empty picture frame. It was supposed to contain a photo of her and her then-boyfriend skiing.
- Ryan was not the most sympathetic to Jaclyn’s grief. He felt that she took a step backward, instead of flocking forward to their future together.
- Wisely, he kept that opinion to himself, and Jaclyn was impressed by how understanding he was. However, during one bad fight, they threatened divorce and Jaclyn returned her wedding ring.
The Show Finale Update :
- Despite their fights, Jaclyn and Ryan decided to stay married. When asked at the eight-week point, both had complimentary things to say about each other and about the relationship.
- Ryan said he learned that he didn’t have to win every fight and marriage needs work.
- Jaclyn said she had to get over preconceived ideas of marriage and getting to know Ryan, his friends, and family made her fall in love more and more with him every day.
- She said she learned not to walk away from life’s issues when things started getting challenging.