Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Meeka Claxton is a New York native with a Caribbean heritage & a diverse career.
- While most may know her as a reality TV star on the show Basketball Wives, Meeka is also a CEO, author, and luxury real estate agent. She manages all of this while being the mother of two!
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Meeka was born on August 7, 1979, into a Belizean-American household.
- She grew up in Queens, New York in an upper-class family.
- Her father was a Vice President at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, a division of Bank of America.
- She married now retired NBA basketball player and 2003 champion, Craig “Speedy” Claxton in 2006 after dating for eight years since 1998.
- The couple met while both attending Hofstra University.
- They are parents to two daughters, Aniya and London Claxton, born in 2003 and 2008 respectively.
- The pair then announced their divorce in July 2014. Meeka wrote an article entitled “My Next Chapter” in Pynk Magazine, detailing her feelings on the divorce.
- Even though Meeka’s initial outlook on the situation was positive, throughout the process, the Claxtons had been to court on several occasions and continuously fought over alimony and child support.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Claxton attended Hillcrest High School in Jamaica, Queens, New York.
- While in high school, she took part in cheerleading and acting. She graduated in 1997.
- In 1997, Meeka attended Hofstra University to pursue a bachelor degree in Psychology in Long Island, New York. She graduated in the class of 2001.
Profession : Career, Salary and Net worth
- Meeka, along with her husband, created CLAXTON INC in 2006.
- Under the CLAXTON INC umbrella, the couple has launched many ventures. They own a girls clothing and accessories line called Privileged, as well as a production company called Claxton Productions.
- Additionally, they have Million Dollar Girlz, a women mentoring foundation and movement.
- Meeka is also the author of an ebook released in 2013 named “Million Dollar Girls: Guide to Success In Six,” targeted toward modern day women with careers in business.
- Claxton is the founder and owner of Allure Realty Group, a luxury real estate company.
- Meeka founded Pynk Magazine, a source for beauty, fashion and lifestyle information, aimed at entertaining women ages 21-34 in the US.
- She also founded ELITE Magazine, which publishes content on professional athletes.
- Lastly, the CEO is most popular for her role in Season three of VH1’s reality television series Basketball Wives in 2011. She did not return in Season 4.
- Meeka has also had appearances on VH1’s live daily morning news talk show “Big Morning Buzz Live” and a few other talk shows.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Meeka’s net worth is approximately a few million dollars.
- Oprah Winfrey and Kimora Lee Simmons are her icons.
- While on Basketball Wives, Claxton got into a physical altercation with co-star Tami Roman, whom she then sued for aggravated assault.
- Meeka is the winner of “Cambridge Who’s Who Award” for real estate.
Larsa Younan Pippen Age, Wiki, Net worth, Height【 Bio 】Children Kids
Laura Govan Wiki, Net worth, Age, Kids, Sister, Husband, Parents, Bio
Pastor Keion Henderson Wife, Father, Quotes, Net worth, Family, Age, Bio
Autumn Ajirotutu【 Bio 】Age, Husband, Net worth, Wedding, Wiki
Cookie Johnson Wiki, Jeans, Net worth【 Magic Johnson Wife 】Bio, Age
Chantel Jeffries Wikipedia Bio, Age, Dad, Parents, Ethnicity【 Tattoos 】
Keonna Green Wiki, Net worth, Age, Bio【 Nick Young Girlfriend Ex 】
Gwendolyn Osborne Net Worth, Salary, Height, Measurements, Age, Bio