Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Cody Carnes is an American singer and songwriter specialising in Christian music.
- He is also a travelling worship leader, taking the gospel all over the country.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Cody Carnes was born on March 25, 1989, in Big Spring, Texas, to Lisa Carnes (mother) and Calvin Carnes (father).
- Cody was precocious with his interests from a young age – He invested himself in music studies as a child, and he led his first worship service in his teens.
- He met the woman who would become his wife, fellow singer and worship leader Kari Jobe while attending the Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.
- Kari Jobe and Cody got married on November 21, 2014. The couple has two sons – Canyon and Kingston.
- After growing up in Texas, Cody now lives in Nashville, Tennessee, where he relocated to work on his music and to raise his family.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Throughout his teenage years and early twenties, Cody was in a slew of Christian bands, from Crimson Soul and Hit the Ground Running.
- When he became part of the Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas, it opened a door to the church’s band, Gateway Worship.
- After singing many songs together with his wife Kari & featuring in her albums, such as Majestic, Cody and Kari released a joint EP together in 2014. The EP received the name ‘All He Says I Am’.
- In February 2017, Cody was signed by the label Capitol CMG, which his wife is also signed to. His first single was ‘The Cross Has The Final Word’.
- In the summer of 2017, Cody released three other singles – What Freedom Feels Like, Hold It All, and Till The End Of Time.
- This was followed by the September 2017 release of his debut album, The Darker The Night / The Brighter The Morning.
- Cody also continued to lead worship at The Gateway Church and has since traveled across the country to lead worship in various cities and states together with his wife Kari Jobe Carnes.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Cody has stated that he wrote his first solo single for ‘Capitol CMG,’ The Cross Has The Final Word when he asked God to show him a way out of the darkness & he was thinking about the world’s general lack of hope.
- Cody aims to speak his faith through his songs, and through combining music and ministry.
- In January 2019, Carnes released a new single Nothing Else, which he performed with his wife Kari at the ‘Belonging Church Conference’ in Nashville, which they lead. Nothing Else is about Cody taking a step back and refocusing on his priorities towards God’s service.
- Cody claims that the song Nothing Else has set him free, as it was his repentance for the mistakes he has made in his own relationship with God and faith, where he had prioritized his own personal gain over spirituality.
Body Info / Physical Features
Cody Carnes Measurements :
- How tall is Cody Carnes Height : 5’ 11”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American