|Personal Details Summary|
|Birthday / How old is James Mcavyey Age||30th April 1994. As of 2022, he is around 28 years old.|
|Dating / Wedding / Marriage / Wife / Spouse||Currently not married, possibly single. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|When was James Mcvey on I’m a celeb?||There were 10 contestants on the 2018 edition of I’m A Celebrity. James McVey was one of them.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
James McVey is the lead guitarist and back up vocalist for The Vamps.
Early Life, Parents & Family :
- James was born on April 30, 1994, in Chester, England.
- At the age of 4, his family moved to Bournemouth in Dorset for his father’s work.
- He grew up alongside his sister Sophie. He has said they fought like cats and dogs when they were young but had a better relationship, as they have gotten older.
- He was popular during his school years and excelled at the history charges. He has said he was so interested in history that his girlfriend at the time used to buy him history books for his birthday and Christmas as presents.
Youtube Music Career :
- Interested in performance, he began performing in local talent shows from a young age.
- After seeing the positive response he would get from the crowd, he began posting videos of himself to YouTube.
- After getting a substantial following, he began posting acoustic videos from his bedroom as well, which began to get the attention of talent agents.
James McAvey the Vamps :
- Due to the success of his YouTube channel, he was signed to a talent agency and indie based record label.
- In 2009, he released his solo EP titled Who Am I through iTunes.
- The EP had 5 songs, and the most popular was Move My Way.
- James met Brad Simpson through YouTube in 2011, and the two formed the band The Vamps in 2012.
- Their debut single Can We Dance was released on 29 September 2013 to positive reviews. It entered the UK Singles Charts at number 2.
- The band became a hit with the teenage market, and subsequently began a tour that would last almost four years.
Sophie Turner James McVey Relationship :
- James dated actress Sophie Turner in 2014, who is most famous for her role in the hit show Game of Thrones.
- They met after James called her beautiful on Twitter, but took the relationship extremely slow due to work requirements.
- They eventually broke up in July of 2014, and McVey publicly accused her of using her acting skills to fake their relationship.
- She fired back with a message on Twitter stating “Stop texting me, it’s creepy.”
- Post 2017, McVey does not talk about Turner in interviews.
Trouble with Music Career :
- McVey has said that the intensity of touring with his band led to a downfall in his mental health, which made him contemplate leaving the band in 2016.
- In his darkest days, he even contemplated leaving music altogether, but after getting the help he decided to continue with it.
- He has also criticized the media continuously for their intense spotlight over the band and has asked them to back off.
- He reached a breaking point with this in 2017 after a news article was run talking about his acne, and has said that unless journalists start reporting on proper issues he will be declining interviews.