Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Matt Crocker is an Australian musician and part of the renovation company Kinwolf.
- He is also a worship leader and songwriter for Hillsong United, the primary worship music band of the Hillsong Church.
Personal Life and Family Background :
- Matt Crocker was born on March 9, 1987, in Sydney, Australia, to parents Janine Crocker (mother) and Tony Crocker (father).
- He has an older sister, Naomi Crocker Chislett.
- Through his parents Janine and Tony, Matt was raised within the Hillsong Church, which had a great influence on his life.
- As a child, he already showed great promise for music and learned how to play the drums.
- During his teenage years, Matt also started learning about the intricacies of songwriting, which became one of his biggest passions.
- Matt was encouraged by Hillsong leaders Marty Sampson and Joel Houston to start composing songs for the Hillsong Church youth ministry, and that started a long path of songwriting.
- Matt married Breanna Crocker on November 27th, 2014. He proposed to her in 2014 in a surprise event that he orchestrated with the rest of the church. They have been together since 2009.
- Matt has two daughters with Breanna: Saxon Arquette Crocker (born on February 21, 2015), and Goldie Lennon Crocker (born on October 23, 2018).
- He continues to reside in Sydney, Australia, with his family and a dog called Yogi.
Work : Career Income, Salary & Net Worth
- Matt published the first song he wrote for Hillsong when he was only eighteen years old. He has since gone on to write some of Hillsong’s biggest hits, particularly for Hillsong UNITED, the church’s primary worship band.
- Matt frequently tours the world with Hillsong UNITED and has been instrumental to much of their music’s success. He is also a worship leader, as well as a guitar and percussion player within the band.
- On top of his hit albums with Hillsong, Matt has also written songs such as ‘Hold Me Now,’ ‘Look to the Son,’ and ‘Oceans (Where Feet May Fail).’ These songs have achieved international repute and have turned Matt into a songwriting leader in the world of Christian music. His songs have been performed by artists such as KB, Shane and Shane, Rebecca St James, and Passion and Bethel.
- Beyond his songwriting career, Matt is also a part of a renovation company called Kinwolf with his friends Casey Scott and Scott Ligertwood. The three friends are involved in various house renovation projects, including a finished state-of-the-art terrace house in the Sydney suburb of Birchgrove. After a nine-month renovation, the house is currently being rented out by Kinwolf.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Matt is very close to his family and is frequently seen with his older sister Naomi and his parents Janine and Tony.
- He travels the world frequently on international tours with Hillsong United, but Matt always relishes coming home to his family.
- Matt visited the Folsom State Prison in California during his travels and stated that it was a very memorable experience.