Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Laura Toggs is a youth leader, pastor, and mentor who is known for being part of the Hillsong Church in Australia.
- Passionate and caring, Laura cares deeply about helping people in need and especially enjoys mentoring young people and helping them better understand and navigate their faith.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Laura was born in Sydney, Australia on February 26, 1987.
- She is the daughter of Bobbie and Brian Houston. Her parents are the founders of the Hillsong Church.
- She has two older siblings – brothers named Benjamin and Joel Houston. Both her parents are pastors and so are her two brothers.
- Laura is married to another pastor named Pete Toggs. Together, they have two children – a son named Jack who was born in 2014 and a daughter named Willow who was born in 2011.
Ministry Work, Songs & Net worth :
- Laura was raised in ministry and has spent most of her life worshipping and working in the Hillsong Church alongside her parents and brothers.
- As she grew older, Laura yearned to be a useful member of the church and so under the guidance of her siblings and parents, she ventured into the world of preaching and church worship.
- Now, she is a part of the Hillsong Church’s ‘Young and Free Choir’ and has spent years working to stimulate young people to join the church through electronic dance-inspired music.
- The choir is immensely popular all over the world and has been featured on several gospel charts across Australia and the globe.
- The Hillsong Young and Free Choir released their debut album in 2013 and it was titled “We Are Young and Free.”
- Aside from being a church choir member, Laura is also a pastor and pioneer of the Hillsong Church’s Young and Free Ministry. She is also passionate about helping young women through her “Secret Garden TV” project.
- Based in Sydney, Laura works at the Senior High School Youth Ministry of Hillsong as a pastor, alongside her husband Pete. Pete is also a member of the Hillsong Church’s Australian Board.
- The couple has dedicated their lives to helping young people find their way to faith.
- Despite being based mainly in Australia, Laura also loves to travel to various church conferences in other parts of the world and sometimes partners with her parents and siblings at local and international events.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Through her ministry, Laura has been able to reach and help underprivileged people around her. She especially loves helping young children and women who are often the most vulnerable members of society.
- Laura is very active on social media and boasts over 150,000 followers on her Instagram page. She loves to share pictures of her family and friends as well as several inspirational quotes to motivate her followers.
- She is good friends with Brazilian supermodel, Gisele Bundchen.
- Laura and Pete’s last name is ‘Toganivalu,’ but the pair have shortened it to Toggs.