Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Meredith Bernard is probably better known as The Farm Wife. Despite her nickname, while growing up, Meredith had earlier never lived or worked on a farm!
- She is now a writer, vlogger, and photographer and uses these mediums to share her stories about her life on the farm as well as motherhood.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Meredith classes herself as a southern girl bought up in New Hill, a one-stop-sign town in Virginia.
- Her parents worked at North Carolina University in the field of agriculture and so she was bought up in the country lifestyle.
- After a fall from her horse, Meredith sought out the services of a man named Lawrence. Lawrence was known as a miracle worker with horses & later became Meredith’s husband.
- The couple has two children, Wesley and Austin. Both the kids are homeschooled.
- The family lives on their beef cattle farm in Milton, North Carolina. They also have a dog named Clara.
Early Life & Education :
- While at high school, Meredith went riding with friends and discovered her love of horses.
- She became obsessed with everything to do with horses and Texas cowboys.
- One day on her way home from church she says she just felt the urge to start writing.
- Meredith graduated with a degree in Animal Science and a Master’s degree in Agricultural Education.
- She admits she didn’t have any major aspirations growing up but thought she might like to be a singer until she realized she couldn’t actually sing.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Originally, Meredith wanted to become a teacher and took a teaching job. After six months she realized that teaching wasn’t for her!
- The year 2003 saw the start of Meredith’s sales career in animal feeds.
- After ten years in this successful field, Bernard quit her job because she realized that her true self was working on the farm and being with her husband and children.
- Her interest in people has led to a successful photography career where she specializes in taking photos of children, families, engagements, and weddings as well as life on the farm.
- She regularly submits articles for publication in magazines like Successful Farming, Progressive Farmer and AG Now.
- Meredith has a successful Vlogging career on the YouTube channel where she shares her life on the farm as well as giving cookery trips for typical Southern dishes.
- She has taken part in several podcasts talking about agriculture and her rural life.
- Meredith has recently launched an online merchandise shop selling hats, T-shirts, tea towels and prints.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Meredith admits to being addicted to coffee, dry shampoo and hats.
- She describes herself as the “perfectly, imperfect wife with an obnoxious laugh“.
- Sometimes, her husband is less than impressed when he is served chicken for dinner and reminds her that they are beef farmers!
- Meredith’s daughter Austin was given her mother’s maiden name in her memory.