- Neha Shitole is a popular Marathi actress born in Pune, Maharashtra. Currently she is living in Mumbai.
- In 2018, she bagged the role of Constable Ketkar wife ‘Shalini’ in the popular Netflix TV series ‘Sacred Games’
Family and Education:
- Neha’s full name is Neha Sunil Shitole. She completed her education as in Economics from Sir Parashurambhau College, Pune.
- Her Father’s and Mother’s name are Sunil Sahasrabudhe and Maneesha Sahasrabudhe.Both her parents were painters.
- She did her schooling from Jnana Prabodhini Prashala, Pune. She started acting in various cultural activities at the college level and later took it seriously as a career option.
- Due to the some past unpleasent experiences, her mother didn’t want her daughter to work in Television and film industry. She wanted her daughter to become IFS. So to pursue the UPSC exam, Neha had to learn many foreign languages like Sanskrit, Japanese, German etc.
Work and Career:
Shitole went against the decision of her mother and joined a theater group in Pune and worked for nearly 7 years. Like most actors, she had to struggle a lot at the start of the career.
After getting work in mainstream Television industry for many years, she took break for two years because she was getting the same type of characters in serials.
Eventually she did appeared on Big screen in Marathi Film ‘Deool’ in 2011.
However, she really grabbed eyeballs when she landed a short role in Netflix’s acclaimed hindi series, Sacred Games. She appreciated the freedom given by directors of the series – Neha and co-star Jitendra Joshi used to received the script in Hindi and both then mold and translate into Marathi.
Neha has also assisted in one of the Ram Gopal Varma’s Film.
In 2019, she was one of the contestants locked inside in the house of the reality show Bigg Boss Marathi Season 2.
Interesting & Fun Facts:
- Neha loves to listening music and traveling.
- Her favorite actor is Shah Rukh Khan.
- She likes to watch films in Cinema Theater.
- Her height is around 5 feet 5 inches.