Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Parag Kanhere is an well-known chef from Pune. He loved cooking from his childhood days.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Parag was born into a business family in Maharashtra.
- His Father Bharat Kanhere is Businessman, while his mother Swati Kanhere is a housewife.
- Parag belongs to other backward caste (OBC) community.
- After married for two years, Parag divorced his wife Madhavi Pawse.
Early Life & Education :
- He was born on 13th of April in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He completed his schooling from Sou Vimlabai Garware High School, Pune
- Passion of cooking was always there in Parag from his childhood days, Thus he graduated as Hotel Management from Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Pune.
Work & Career :
- After completing graduation in Hotel Management, In 1998 he joined in Norwegian Cruise Line as an assistant cook. Till 2002 he worked in many Europe’s cruise line company as a chef
- In 2002 he worked with celebrity chef Paul Rankin Michelin Star restaurants around the globes.
- Since 2009, Parag actively participated in cooking shows on TV. The first TV show he got was ETV Marathi ‘Mejwani’. Initially, he was scared of cameras and to present himself while cooking. According to him, Kavita Medhkar and Prashant Damle guided him to work
- He holds the records of Asian Books Chef and Limca Books of record. In 2015, he cooked three-course-meal in 90 minutes with blindfolded.
- ‘Kitchen Sutraa’ YouTube Chanel is created by Parag in 2017, where he posts traveling and cooking videos.
- In 2019, Parag is one of the contestant as a celebrity chef in Colors Marathi Bigg Boss Marathi Season 2.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- He loves to traveling and horse riding in his free time.
- Parag Kanhere’s height is 5 feet 9 inches.
- Apart from cooking he wants to become an actor.