Parag Kanhere is a well-known chef from Pune, who loved cooking from his childhood days. He is most famous for his appearance in the reality show, Bigg Boss Marathi.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Parag was born into a business family in Maharashtra.
- His father Bharat Kanhere is Businessman, while his mother Swati Kanhere is a housewife.
- Parag belongs to other backward caste (OBC) community.
- After being married for two years, Parag divorced his wife Madhavi Pawse.
Early Life and Education :
- Parag was born on 13th of April in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He completed his schooling from Sou Vimlabai Garware High School in Pune
- Passion of cooking was always there in Parag from his early years. He graduated in Hotel Management from the Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology in Pune.
Work and Career :
- After completing his graduation in Hotel Management, in 1998, Kanhere joined in Norwegian Cruise Line as an assistant cook. Till 2002, he worked for the cruise line company as a chef traveling the world.
- In 2002, Parag worked with celebrity chef Paul Rankin’s numerous Michelin Star restaurants around the globe.
- Since 2009, he has actively participated in various cooking shows on TV. The first TV show he got was ETV Marathi ‘Mejwani.’ Initially, he was scared of cameras and had difficulty presenting himself while cooking. According to him, Kavita Medhkar and Prashant Damle guided him to work
- He holds the records of Asian Books Chef and Limca Books of record. In 2015, he cooked a three-course meal in 90 minutes blindfolded.
- The YouTube channel ‘Kitchen Sutraa’ was created by Parag in 2017, where he posted traveling and cooking videos. He has now stopped posting since the last few years.
- In 2019, Parag entered as one of the contestants in the Colors Marathi show Bigg Boss Marathi Season 2.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Parag loves traveling and horse riding in his free time.
- Parag Kanhere Height : 5 feet 9 inches.
- Apart from cooking, he has aspirations to become an actor.