Adam Partridge Auctioneers :: Wife, Net Worth, Married, Wiki, Age, Bio
Adam Partridge Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
, 1973. As of 2019, he is around 46 years old.
Marriage & Wedding / Wife / Engaged / Partner
Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Adam Partridge is a British auctioneer expert specialising in dealing antiques. He also appears on many of the BBC’s auction shows, which are daytime TV staples, namely ‘Flog It!’ and ‘Bargain Hunt’.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Adam was born in London, England, on February 28th, 1973, to professional violinist parents. He grew up in London.
- Adam is also a musician and adept at playing the violin and the piano.
- As a child, Adam started travelling with his grandfather, a violin dealer who sold and bought violins at auctions throughout the country.
- At the age of 10, he made the winning bid in the first auction he participated in and became the owner of a £12 painting of a landscape with a mill.
- When Adam turned 18, he was offered a seat at Oxford University, where he applied to study Classics. He spent only a year there and then returned to his true passion, the world of antiques.
Married Life & Children :
- Adam met Clare Louisa, his wife, on a Caribbean cruise. Adam was working on the cruise as an auctioneer.
- The couple set up residence in Congleton, Cheshire, where they still live now.
- Together they have two sons, 14-year old Ridley and 11-year old Felix (ages as of 2019).
- The family lives along with their chickens, dogs, and a cat.
Job, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Adam was an enterprising and precocious child, earning his first wage washing cars and helping out with his neighbours’ gardening.
- At the age of 17, he purchased a van and travelled around the country to attend different auctions.
- After his short-lived stint at Oxford University, Adam found employment as a porter at an auction house, and from there he made his way up the ranks until he became an auctioneer, which culminated in him having his own auction room already in his early twenties.
- In 1998, Adam applied to become part of the auctioneering staff on Caribbean cruise liners. Though he didn’t work there for long, he did find his life partner there!
- In the early 2000s, antique shows started becoming popular on TV. Adam was employed by the BBC in 2000, where he still remains in his role as antiques expert.
Business & Company :
- Adam opened his own auction house, Adam Partridge Auctioneer & Valuers, in September 2008. The auction house is very successful across the North West of England, with salerooms open in Macclesfield and on the popular Jamaica Street in Liverpool.
- He also runs a business Partridge Media. His wife Clare is also involved with the company as a director and secretary.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Adam is a huge fan of cricket, and he coaches children (including his own!). He also participates every year in the Lord Taverners’ celebrity cricket match.
- He also teaches the violin and even his eldest son Ridley took his classes.
- Adam and Clare sell the free-range eggs laid by their hens, and they also grow their own produce.
- Adam’s favourite place is the one he encountered while working on cruise ships: Dominica, in the West Indies.
- Adam has photographic memory.
- He loves animals, and has a growing collection on his smallholding (property smaller than a farm).
Married. See Details Above.