Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- Thomas Plant is a British TV personality, best known for his work with BBC’s auction based program Bargain Hunt. Apart from being a familiar face on TV, Thomas Plant also runs his own antiques firm in Berkshire.
Personal Life & Family :
- Thomas grew up on a farm, as his family was into beef farming.
- As a child, he often visited diverse cattle auctions along with his father, Stewart. This early exposure helped him develop a love for auctioneering.
- He is married to his lovely wife Angela, and lives in Cowley, UK.
- Thomas is also a father to young twin daughters.
Education Details :
- Even while at school, it was a foregone conclusion that Thomas would opt for a degree dealing with auctioneering and valuing!
- Yet, he did toy with the idea of joining the Armed Forces at one time. This was because he had spent five years as a member of his school’s cadet force.
- He decided to sign up for a three-year commission with the British Army, or to be more precise, with the 1st Regiment Royal Horse Artillery!
- In 1996, Thomas earned his Bachelor’s degree, with honors.
- From 1993 onwards, he was busy learning all about Fine Art Valuation at Southampton Solent University. While there, he was the President of the University Fencing Club, as well as a racer.
- He is also an Associate of the Society of Fine Art Auctioneers/Valuers (ASFAV).
Jobs, Salary & Net Worth :
- Thomas first started off as a porter for Phillips Auctioneers.
- Over seven years of employment, he learnt enough to progress towards becoming the head of the Ceramic, Works of Art and Decorative department.
- Soon he also appeared on TV shows, such as Bargain Hunt, Flog it and The Antiques Road Trip.
- Thomas later took up a job with Tunbridge Wells in Kent and at Bexhill-on-Sea in East Sussex.
- Over the next three years, he enhanced his knowledge about jewellery and silver.
- Along with his friend, Neil Shuttleworth, Thomas went in for a phased takeover of Special Auction Services, in September 2006. Neil & Thomas became business partners.
- Currently, Thomas is the director and specialist for watches, fine art, jewellery, antiques and silver.
Interests, Height & Trivia :
As of 2020, he is around 43 years old.
- Thomas’ reel life hero is Agent 007, otherwise known as James Bond!
- Today, he is an accomplished sabreur (a fencer who can fight with a sabre).
- Thomas also loves to ski. He adores the sight of fresh snow, a crisp and blue sky, peaked mountains and the first ski run!
- Working out, especially with Crossfit, is another passion!
- Above all, he loves to spend as much time as he can with his children.