Will Axon is a British auctioneer and antique expert, known for his appearances in several TV shows including Flog It!, broadcasted on the BBC Network.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Axon was born in England.
- He has three children, who he has raised alongside his partner, Philippa.
- He lives outside the city of Newmarket, where he spends much of his spare time with his family.
- Axon earned a Master’s degree in Art Market Appraisal, awarded by Kingston University in Camberwell. He also took classes of appreciation for fine art and antiques. This was between the years 2006 and 2008.
Net Worth, Salary & Career :
- As a child, Will’s desire was to become a jockey, since he was very close to the horse racing business. He did not make it, and ended up in the antique trade instead.
- He started a collection of different pieces he considered valuable when he was young. This included everything from cut out images from magazines to drink cans. Nowadays, he still collects paintings by unknown artists and china.
- Now, he specializes in English country furniture, furnishings, and pottery.
- As an antiques expert, he has participated in the TV shows Flog it!, Antiques Road Trip and Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is.
- He also holds a more ordinary job at Rowley’s Antiques & Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers.
- Will thinks that studying an arts-based course in London was a good move for kickstarting his career.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Will mentions that his experience of filming Flog it! was “good, and working with the BBC was great fun.” Also, that “it got him out of the office, taking him to places he never had the chance to visit before”. He also said that the show is a great way of building up professional contacts with other values and auctioneers.
- Axon has revealed his greatest achievement in life was juggling raising his children and getting his master’s degree, at the same time as trying to find a better job.
- His ideal plan for a weekend would be a ‘lazy day’ with the family at Holkham Bay on the North Norfolk coast, or on the Costa Brava, as long as the sun is shining and there is a car boot sale.
- Will has admitted to being scared of spiders.
- He ran the 2015 Virgin London Marathon for the children charity fund NSPCC!
- On an interview he was asked who he would take with him if he was forced to live his last days on a desert island. Not surprisingly, he chose his partner, Philippa.