Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Ann Sterling, a longhaired brunette with a thin figure, is a morning news reporter for WTMJ-TV Milwaukee, also called Today’s TMJ 4.
- She has had an extensive media career that has brought her all over the country, but feels most at home in Wisconsin.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Ann knew she wanted to have a career in journalism ever since she was old enough to watch and understand the news.
- She attended the University of South Florida, where she worked in the university’s media department.
- She eventually graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in communications and began her career shortly afterward.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Sterling’s career has taken her to every corner of the nation, from coast to coast and even to Hawaii.
- One of her first major jobs was at Fox 23, where she worked as an anchor for the morning news. She covered everything from daily stories to celebrity reports and crime investigations.
- In 2011, Ann left Fox 23 and headed to Salt Lake City, Utah. There, she hosted her own morning show for KTVX TV.
- The morning show was called Good Things Utah and used a panel of four women to talk about new products, celebrity news, and other relevant happenings. They covered topics ranging from popular Pinterest activities to sacred baby names.
- In 2013, the station fell under new management & many reporters and anchors were reassigned. The station told Sterling that they wanted to switch her to a reporter position and cancel the morning show. Instead of taking this new position, Ann decided to cut her losses and take a job elsewhere.
- Ann headed to Honolulu shortly after leaving Utah and got a job at an ABC affiliate, KITV. There, she reported on local stories around Honolulu and also worked as a morning co-anchor.
- In 2015, KITV went through a major renovation with their technology and used the time to reorganize their personnel, as well.
- The management cut a few part-time positions, and some anchors used the time as an opportunity to end their contracts.
- Sterling was one of those anchors. She decided to return to the states after a few years of working there, but says she definitely does not regret the time she took there.
- After leaving Hawaii, Sterling headed to the largest city in the Midwest: Milwaukee. She now has a position as a morning anchor for Today’s TMJ 4.
- Sterling also occasionally appears on their radio affiliate, WTMJ-AM, where she conducts interviews and comments on local issues.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Ann got engaged to her boyfriend of several years, Jarrod, in 2015 when she was working in Hawaii. Their engagement was part of the reason she used KITV’s renovation as an opportunity to head back to the states.
- Sterling currently has two children, the eldest being a son named Kaden. In March of 2017, Sterling gave birth to her second son, Kolton.
- The family currently lives in Milwaukee.
- Ann is also an active athlete & has competed in multiple marathons.
- A big lover of animals, she has devoted hundreds of hours to local animal shelters.