|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||December 3, 1993. As of 2023, she is around 30 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|What is Katie George doing now?||She is a professional sports broadcaster and commentator. Besides being an anchor and sideline reporter, she is a former college volleyball player.|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Katie George is an American sports broadcaster and commentator. She is also an anchor and sideline reporter, as well as a former college volleyball player. Currently, she works for ESPN’s new ACC Network, which is dedicated to college sports.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Katie George was born on December 3rd, 1993, in Louisville, Kentucky, where she was also raised. Her parents are Annie (mother) and Tim George (father).
- She has two older brothers, Charlie and Timmy, who are four and five years older than her, respectively.
- Growing up with two older brothers gave Katie a lot of determination and a deep love for sports. As a child, she used to follow her brothers everywhere, even jumping into the middle of their basketball games.
- Her father spent a lot of time coaching her in various sports when her brothers didn’t have time for her.
- Katie is currently not married, and she does not have any children.
- Currently, she resides in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Katie attended Assumption High School in Louisville from 2008 to 2012, where she was part of the volleyball team.
- In high school, she was voted ‘KVCA’s Miss Kentucky Volleyball’ and ‘Prep Volleyball National Player of the Year’. During her time at Assumption, she and her teammates also won two state championships.
- When she was a senior at Assumption High, Katie had to have her tonsils removed. Following the procedure, doctors found a blood clot in her left lung and then one in her left leg. This threatened to end her volleyball career prematurely because the blood clotting disorder could cause internal bleeding in a high-contact sport. Katie was determined to continue playing and wore a helmet and compression tights for the rest of her matches.
- After graduating from high school, she attended the University of Louisville from 2012 to 2016. She achieved a magna-cum-laude degree in Communications with a minor in sports.
- As an athlete at Louisville, she won many awards such as the college ACC setter and ‘Player of the Year’ in 2015.
Pagaent Success :
- Katie is passionate about being a role model for young girls. In 2015, this led to her participating in the pageant circuit. She was crowned Miss Kentucky with almost no prior preparation!
- She then went to the Miss USA competition. She finished the pageant in the Top 11 and was given the People’s Choice award. This also allowed her to break into the world of broadcast journalism.
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- During her university years, Katie had internships at WLKY in Louisville and CBS in New York.
- She then became an anchor and reporter for WDRB in Louisville from 2016 to 2018.
- Katie then spent a year at Fox Sports Wisconsin as a side-line reporter for the Milwaukee Bucks basketball team. She covered the 2018-2019 season.
- In January 2019, a senior talent evaluator reached out to George via the internet, asking that she audition for ESPN’s new ACC network. She was offered the position after her round of interviews, and she has been at the network ever since in her roles as side-line reporter and anchor.
- After auditioning and going through interviews, George was offered a position at the network, a position she later said that she could not pass up.
- George is called an excellent storyteller & is known for her charisma and enthusiasm.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Katie has received numerous accolades for her accomplishments in volleyball.
- In 2013, George spent her summer playing volleyball overseas.
- During her high school years she won the titles of Prep Volleyball National Player of the Year and Miss Kentucky Volleyball.
- While in college, she was named the ‘2015 Player of the Year’. She also received the All American Honors. The same year, she also won other accolades such as Weaver-Jones-Corrigan Award and the 2015-16 Atlantic Coast Conference Volleyball Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Katie loves food and wants to bring it across to young girls that having a good relationship with food is important.
- George has said that she loved watching ESPN and sports as a child, which led to her idolizing Erin Andrews. Now she gets to follow the person she idolized by interviewing many coaches and players!
- 2019 was a year of many firsts for Katie. Not only did she get her dream job, but she also did many exciting things. The same year, she was very excited to call her first volleyball game as a sports commentator on ACC Network. She also made her debut on the show College GameDay, as a sideline reporter in 2019.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Katie George Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Katie George Height : 5′10″ (verified from an ESPN blog)
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Any relation to Phyllis George?