Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- As you see her looking intently at the camera with eyes that seem to convey that she means business, Anna Holligan does exactly that and then some more.
- A foreign correspondent, documentary storyteller, journalist, filmmaker and radio presenter, Anna wears many hats quite comfortably. The beautiful journalist who is the foreign correspondent for BBC is based in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Anna has been instrumental in covering some of the biggest breaking news stories that have been featured across Europe. She reported on terror attacks in France, Belgium and Finland for the BBC’s main TV, radio and digital platforms and all of them received wide viewership.
- Currently, Anna is busy focusing on mobile journalism, international justice and Brexit, while filming the occasional feature about typical, unavoidable clichés which comes out of the Netherlands – cycling, tulips and windmills.
- Her heartfelt blogs about her experience with the migrants are a treat to watch as they give you a sense of what exactly happens at the grassroots.
Profession, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Holligan began by working for BBC Radio in the year 2006.
- She then went on to work for BBC World Services as a London based reporter covering international new stories.
- She then transitioned into the role of a Producer in the year 2007 and continued to cover global news and also presenting and producing arts/ entertainment news.
- Nothing substantial can be found on the internet about Anna’s education details.
- Anna has done well for herself juggling a new role of full-time mother to a baby girl, Zena, with her life as a foreign correspondent for one of the biggest media conglomerates. In December 2020, her 4-year-old daughter Zena interrupted the Radio 4 Today show when Anna accidentally stepped on her foot during a live broadcast. Mrs Holligan later went on Twitter and reassured the viewers that her daughter’s toes are intact and injury-free.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- There is an interesting story behind Anna’s career taking off. She received an award for her documentary about teenage gun gangs in Birmingham. This was at the beginning of her career, and it really gave her the boost that she needed.
- Anna was the first western TV journalist to meet the refugees arriving on the Greek island of Kos.
- An interesting fact about Anna is that she has guest presented BBC Radio 4’s World Tonight programme.
- Anna was also preparing to travel to the Balkans to record a documentary about surviving the genocide.
- She says that she is often on the road and shares photos, videos and stories from the people she meets on her social media pages.
- She was an invitee speaker at the International Journalism Festival in April of 2018.
- Anna receives a lot of endorsements for her skills in Radio, Storytelling and Television.
- She has a total following of 20,000+ people on her Twitter handle.