- Becky Ditchfield loves anything to do with the weather! She is willing to spend hours on observing and studying it, as well as talking about it. Therefore, the profession of meteorologist is apt for her!
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Becky was terribly scared of bad weather, specifically thunderstorms, when she was very young.
- However, as she grew older, the fear turned into curiosity, prompting her to turn ‘weather reading’ into a career.
- She found her dream man in 2010, and got married to him on October 9th that year.
- By 2014, the couple had become proud parents of 2 children – a son and daughter.
- Their fondness for animals led the couple to adopt a dog and a cat too.
- Cooper, their dog, loves to follow Becky and her husband on the trails in Colorado.
- Cody, the cat, prefers to laze at home!
- Becky Ditchfield Height : 5′ 7″.
- Becky is a Meteorology major graduate from Valparaiso University in Indiana.
- From 1998 onwards, Becky pored over material related to Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology.
- Her minors were Broadcasting and Mathematics.
- She got her Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in 2002.
- Becky is a member of both, The National Weather Association and The American Meteorological Society.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Ditchfield began her career as a meteorologist in July 2002.
- KHAS TV at Hastings employed her until June 2004.
- Between June 2004 and May 2007, Becky remained with KTHV, Little Rock, as a meteorologist.
- Her next stint was with KUSA-TV / 9 news. She is still with this establishment in Denver, Colorado, as the morning meteorologist.
Personal Life & Interesting Trivia :
- Becky is a fan of all kinds of games & sports, specifically baseball.
- Whenever the Cardinals, Blues or Rams are playing, you will find her glued to a television set, cheering them on!
- Her list of favorite sports teams has grown, ever since she moved to Denver.
- Physics and calculus were her favorite subjects at school!
- More of a home person by nature, she adores experimenting with home improvement projects. In fact, she loves good craft work!
- Movies and music do not really interest her, but if she discovers an ‘inspiring’ song, Becky goes in for karaoke.
- Becky is a victim of a rare condition called Uterus Didelphys. She has shared her battle with this ailment on her Tumblr account.
- She often volunteers her services as an advisor for the Chi Omegas, University of Denver.
- Chi Omega refers to a women’s fraternity, which is associated with the National Panhellenic (Greek) Conference. Their founding purposes include service to others, friendship, academic excellence, personal integrity and intellectual pursuits.
Despite her passion for predicting weather conditions, Becky has decided to cultivate other unique interests too. Therefore, she seems to be having the best of ‘all’ worlds!No confirmed information on this.