- Kim Christiansen is a TV journalist working for KUSA 9News in Denver, Colorado as a news anchor and reporter. KUSA 9News is an NBC affiliate.
- Kind-spirited and empathetic, she has an experience of over three decades in the industry!
Early Life & Family Background :
- A native from Colorado & most of her life, she has never lived outside her home state.
- Besides a journalist, she is a daughter, a sister a wife and a proud mother to her son Tanner.
- Kim attended the University of Colorado Boulder, from where she graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Besides work, Kim likes to volunteer and is an advocate and spokesperson for breast cancer awareness and research where she has been an active member for the past 20 years.
- She is a leader at BuddyCheck9 which is a cancer detection campaign and has also volunteered at 9Cares Colorado Shares.
- In February 2017, Kim made news when she underwent surgery to fix her broken nose. She had broke her nose while she was moving stuff into her home’s storage room.
Career, Awards, Salary & Net Worth :
- Ever since Kim started her career, she has only worked for one TV station, hat is KUSA 9News, Denver.
- She started in the year 1985, where she worked as a behind the scenes news writer and producer. Her role was crafting stories that were to be aired for a period of almost four years.
- Soon enough she became a general assignment reporter & was then promoted to being a News Anchor.
- Kim was the replacement for anchor Adele Arakawa & she often worked with co-anchor Kyle Clark and Meteorologist Kathy Sabine for the 10 o’clock news report.
- Over the years, Christiansen has won a total of seven Heartland Emmy Awards and is also a former Miss Colorado! In 2012, Kim was inducted to be a member of the regional Emmy Chapter’s Silver Circle which is a group of veteran broadcasters.
Throughout her career, Kim is known for covering stories about people facing difficulties in life, especially kids. She is the kind of reporter that will cry when reporting a difficult story & when reporting a happy one you can see that she is sincerely happy.Married.