Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Corey Rose is an anchor, producer and journalist who works for KUSA-9NEWS in Denver, Colorado.
- Dedicated, hard-working and smart, she has been in the industry for over a decade and continues to impress with her top-notch, award-winning skills.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Corey was born in Lancaster, Southern California and spent most of her childhood living there.
- Her ancestors & family had come over to New York City from Hamburg, Germany back in the year 1921.
- The gorgeous anchor got married to MMA Fighter Josh Cavan in year 2014.
- Corey considers her family a top priority & has even shared the romantic story of how her husband proposed to her at the Skyline Park where they had their first date.
- Her engagement ring is a generational ring that was passed down to her from her grandmother.
- Corey Rose Pregnant : In September 2018, Corey announced that she was expecting a baby in Feb 2019. She had two miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.
Education & College :
- Rose attended The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) and graduated with a minor in Health and Physical Education as well as a major in Broadcast Journalism.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Corey did an Ancestry DNA test & shared the results with her viewers – Her ethnicity/heritage is 47 percent European Jewish, 29 percent Eastern European and 13 percent Western European. Many of her ancestors originated from different countries like Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary & Slovakia.
- As part of her New Year’s resolutions for 2017, Corey shared with her team how she was working on a plan to declutter her home and make it much cleaner and spacier.
- When she is not working, she loves to read books and work out as well as get involved in various charity works in and around the local community.
- A few of the organizations Corey is part of include, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. 9NEWS sponsors an annual concert for a benefit which she hosts to raise money to help out children battling with Leukemia in Colorado. The event was started as a way to honor her father who died of Leukemia in 2010.
- Named after a bodybuilder Corey Everson, she hated her name initially but grew to love it later on.
- Height : 5 feet 3 inches.
- A cheerleader for nine years, Corey learnt dancing from the tender age of 5. She was also a part of 2 music videos!
- She is quite the foodie and enjoys cooking as well as eating sweet things.
- Rose is also a lover of the great outdoors and loves to ski, hike and take part in any activities that keep her up and about.
Profession, Salary & Net Worth :
- Corey began her career at age 15 working as a dancer for the Minor League Baseball (MLB) team The Lancaster JetHawks. She was part of their Hawkette dancer team and worked on various dance routines in addition to performing at home matches.
- After graduating from college, she worked in Studio City, California where she worked as a Production Assistant for the KCBS/KCAL team. After some time working at the station, she was promoted to the Assignment Desk.
- Rose also worked in Casper, Wyoming over a period of 2 years as an anchor, producer and an assistant news director.
- Currently, she works as a morning anchor in Denver, Colorado for KUSA-9NEWS. She began working at the station in January 2010 and has been a part of the team for over eight years now.
- Besides being the reporter, Corey often takes part in special segments such as Workout Wednesday”, where she demonstrates different exercise routines.
- Corey’s hard work and skills have earned her a few accolades that include an Emmy Award and an Edward R. Murrow Award for the Best Sports News Story which she won in 2011, merely a year after joining the KUSA-9NEWS team.