|Personal Information Summary|
|Date of Birth / Birthday / How old is Carolyn Gracie / Age / DOB||As of 2022, she is around 63 years old. In a 2015 blog post which Carolyn had made right after her breast cancer battle, she had specified her age as 56.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|Did Carolyn Gracie have cancer?||Yes. She had breast cancer and a double mastectomy for the treatment.|
|Children / No. of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Carolyn Gracie is an American radio announcer and TV host who has been working in the industry since the early 1980s. She is most popular as a presenter on QVC, one of the largest home shopping networks.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- When was Carolyn Gracie born? : Carolyn Gracie was born on September 20th, 1958, in Indianapolis, Indiana, to parents John (father) and Margaret Gracie (mother). She grew up in Carmel, Indiana.
- She had five siblings: three sisters – Jennifer Bogut, Betsy Marant, and Suzanne Gracie- and two brothers, John Jr., and J. Matthew.
- In 2007, Carolyn lost her younger brother Matt, who had cancer when he was 45. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor.
- Following her graduation from high school, Carolyn attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, from 1976 to 1980. She achieved a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication.
- Currently, she resides in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Carolyn has several dogs, including Maisie and Monty. She also has a 21-year old cat and many other pets, including bunnies and birds. She calls herself a ‘menagerie minder’ and ‘zookeeper’.
Marriage and Children :
- Carolyn got married to her husband Mike on June 25, 1988. They were dating since 1984, after first meeting at a radio station where they both used to work. She was a DJ & he was a producer. Mike also often uses the stage name ‘Eric Edwards’.
- Naturewise, Carolyn and Mike are quite the opposite – he is shy and reserved, whereas she is social and gregarious.
- Besides her work in voiceover and music production, Mike is also a Vietnam Air Force Veteran and a winner of the Bronze Star.
- Through her marriage to Mike, Carolyn became the stepmother of Erin Hayworth. She is also a step-grandmother to Erin’s two sons, Cameron and Alex.
- Alex studied at the Delaware Valley University, while Cam attended the Bishop Shanahan High School.
Carolyn Gracie Salary, Net worth and Career :
- Following her graduation from college, Carolyn initially worked in the radio industry.
She was a radio personality and announcer from 1981 to 2004, working in Los Angeles from 1986 to 2004.
- When she moved to Los Angeles, she had worked for 18 years, doing both morning and afternoon drives at stations like KOST, KBIG, and K-LITE.
- Carolyn’s past jobs include being a Program Director & Radio Announcer at “WXUS-FM” in Indiana. She has also worked at “WZPL” and “WNAP” networks as a drivetime DJ.
- Since 1981, Carolyn has been a voiceover and voice imaging artist. In 1996, she became the co-owner and co-founder of Edwards/Gracie Voiceover, a voice imaging company working with radio, television, and film.
- Carolyn joined QVC as a program host in January 2005 (QVC: “Quality Value Convenience” is an American broadcast television network specializing in televised home shopping).
- Gracie has also presented ED on Air Collection (Ellen Degeneres’ product line) on QVC. She has also been invited to Ellen’s show and considers her a friend.
- She regularly writes on QVC’s blog. Most of her posts are related to pet adoption, but occasionally about gardening, food, or clothes.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Since June 1997, Carolyn has been a docent for the Los Angeles Zoo.
- Over the years, she has hosted numerous charity events like the “Los Angeles Leukemia Telethon.”
- Carolyn is a staunch defender of animal rights and a big supporter of animal organizations, especially pet rescue ones. She spends a lot of her free time volunteering with animal rescues.
- Some of the awards she has received are the “Women in Business Award” given by the California State Legislature because of her work as a broadcaster in pet rescue organizations and the “Wild Hearts Angel Award.”
- Carolyn adores gardening. She enjoys playing golf but considers herself a constant student of the sport.
- In 2009, Gracie was severely criticized for eating dog food on air. She was trying to prove that the dog food was like any other food people eat.
- During a QVC segment in 2012, host Cassie Slane fainted live on air as she patted her chest and looked dizzy. Carolyn replaced Slane and finished the segment.
- In 2015, Carolyn announced that she had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy, followed by reconstructive surgery. She told this after she had the surgery when she was in the recovery process. She managed to hide it even from her co-workers who found out about her health problem only when she told them she was going on sick leave to have the surgery.
- In 2018, Carolyn had a medical issue that caused her heartbeat to race. She went to the doctor, and they quickly figured out what was wrong and fixed the problem.
Social Media Presence :
- Carolyn has Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Very popular on Facebook, where she has 125,000+ followers.
- On Twitter & Instagram, she has more than 5000 followers. She uses them regularly and shares information mainly related to animals.
Health Update :
- Carolyn Gracie Illness / Sick : In 2015, she was diagnosed with DCIS, an early-stage, noninvasive form of breast cancer.
- She underwent a mastectomy on both breasts.
Carolyn Gracie Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde. She refers to her hairstyle as “The Carolyn”. It is a shorter style with a very, very long top, so it does not have that traditional short look.
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Carolyn Gracie Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : 6.5
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Carolyn Gracie Weight Loss : There were a few queries on Google regarding this. A few teleshopping forums have commented on her weight loss over the years. However, the Facebook post we could find was back in 2012, when Carolyn had shared her experience in detail.