Biodata Profile / Biography / Wiki Information
- Erika Martin is a TV host and meteorologist; currently, she works as a weekend evening meteorologist for NBC10.
Personal Life, Education & Family :
- Erika is originally from Rocky Hill, Connecticut. Her full name is Erika Martin Rodriguez.
- She grew up in New York as well as Massachusetts.
- Education : Erika began her college career at NYU, but completed her Associate’s degree in Broadcast Journalism with an emphasis in Production at Santa Monica College.
- She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
- As of 2017, she is working towards receiving her MBA in Energy and Sustainability.
- Erika has been married to the love of her life ‘Robert’ for well over a decade.
Salary, Net Worth & Professional Career
- Erika’s first on-camera job was as a fashion reporter for Event Links which is a local show based in New York City.
- Erika got her start as a meteorologist at KRNV-TV NBC 4 in Reno, Nevada.
- She has also worked as a meteorologist at WSHM CBS 3 in Springfield, Massachusetts, before she joined WTNH ABC 8 as the chief meteorologist in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Later, she freelanced for WCBS and WPIX in New York before joining the Philadelphia NBC-owned station, NBC10.
- She joined NBC10 in September of 2016.
- As of 2017, she is the weekend weather person on NBC10 News’ 6 PM & 11 PM broadcasts on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Erika is a member of The National Association of Hispanic Journalists, The Society for Professional Journalists, League of United Latin American Citizens, and SESAC.
- Her most memorable meteorology moment involved tracking a tornado warned cell from Louisiana to Mississippi in February 2016.
- Erika has also worked as a co-host for “Latination,” “Dress My Nest” and for Purple News Network.
- She worked as a wardrobe stylist for television and print in New York City before she began working onTV where she styled numerous celebrities and models including, Michelle Rodriguez, Giovanni Ribisi, Fat Joe, and Chiaki Kuriyama.
- She also contributed to many national and international advertising campaigns.
Interesting Facts :
- Erika realized that she wanted to start working in a field that combined her two passions of math and science while she was hosting TV shows. She then went back to school and earned a B.S. in Meteorology.
- Shoe cobbling and shoe design are some of her favorite pastimes.
- She has worked for MTV, as the resident fashion expert on the quirky make-over show “Trailer Fabulous.”
- Erika is a Certified Storm Spotter for the National Weather Service and is in the final stage of receiving her CBM seal from the American Meteorological Society (AMS).
Social Media :
- She is active on Facebook and Instagram, and has a verified Twitter account.
- As of 2020, she has 35,000+ followers on Twitter.
Body Info / Physical Features
Erika Martin Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Hair Color : Brown
- How tall / Height : Confirmed information not available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : Confirmed information not available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Erika Martin Married ? :Confirmed information not available.
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Erika Martin Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed – Mix of Puerto Rican and Mexican
- Nationality : American