Wikipedia Profile / Background Information
- Gurvir Dhindsa is an experienced journalist & the current morning News Reporter for the CBS46 network, who has worked for a number of networks in the past.
Personal Life & Family :
- Gurvir Dhindsa is of South Asian (Indian) heritage. She was born in Chandigarh, India, but after a few years, her parents Harbans and Dev, decided to move to the U.S. Alongside her two younger sisters, Gurvir was raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Growing up in the south, Gurvir loves country music, antiques, and quarter horses.
- She attended the Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN, from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism.
- Not only a celebrated T.V. journalist but Dhindsa is also a mom to her kids and her Australian shepherd pet dog ‘Shiloy.’
- Gurvir is now a naturalized American citizen and is married to Tom Sater, a meteorologist working for CNN International, Atlanta.
- The couple is now parents to twin daughters born in 2008 – Virginia Grace and Lena Caroline.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Gurvir’s journalism career journey began in 1997 started as a News Anchor for Good Day Atlanta. She worked here until 2000 and then moved to Washington D.C. to work for a number of stations up until 2011.
- Dhindsa did not have it all smooth sailing in her career. After entering WUSA-TV, Channel 9 on January 2000, she later lost her job a few years later, on the same day Australian shepherd dog Cutter died.
- When she was working at WUSA-TV, Dhindsa reportedly had a hard time there as not many people were accepting of the fact that she was a newcomer and an Indian in a field. Dhindsa added that she had been promised that her contract would be renewed; hence she turned down another job offer but unfortunately lost her job.
- In 2011, she headed back to Good Day Atlanta again as a replacement for Suchita Vadlamani who quit work to raise her kid.
Awards & Achievements :
- In the course of her career journey, Dhindsa has won several awards for her anchoring and field reports.
- Some of the awards she has won included: Several awards from the Mississippi Associated Press – these rewarded her work on a special she did about issues concerning gambling and a special on The Palace of St. Petersburg.
- Her other award included an Emmy nomination for covering the Atlanta tornado.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- On a podcast called “I Still Have a Key Card,” news anchor Holly Morris stated that her ex-husband Tom Sater was cheating on her with Gurvir Dhindsa.
- Though Holly did not mention names, it was quite obvious she was talking about Gurvir. After this incident, Morris and Tom got divorced, but she and Gurvir continued working together for many years.
- Later, Tom and Gurvir got married, and they left Washington D.C. and headed back to Atlanta. In Atlanta, Tom started out as a freelancer, and after a while, he got his now current job.
- How tall is Gurvir Dhindsa Height / Weight : 5′ 2″