Sharon Reed Wikipedia, Age, Net Worth, Daughter Baby, CBS【 Bio 】
Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Fiance
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Sharon Reed, a tall African-American woman with long hair, a confident constitution, and intelligent eyes, is currently a news anchor for the Meredith Corporation at WGCL CBS46 News, a news station based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Reed has been reporting for several years, but got major covered for a broadcast segment that she did & went viral.
Personal Life, Family & Trivia :
- Sharon Reed continues to live in Atlanta, Georgia with her child – Daughter Ava Reed.
- The two are happy to call Atlanta their home, and are often seen out together enjoying the city.
- In 2004, Sharon once appeared nude for “Body of Art” a story covering photographer Spencer Tunick’s Cleveland installation. Following this, she also appeared once in the talk show “Late Night with David Letterman”.
Education & College :
- Before appearing in viral videos, Reed attended Georgetown University, an institution based in Washington, D.C.
- She graduated with a bachelor’s degree after double majoring in English and government.
- After receiving her bachelor’s, Sharon immediately went on to get here master’s degree.
- She moved to Evanston, Illinois, attended Northwestern University & joined the school’s renowned journalism program.
- Reed eventually graduated from Northwestern University with a master’s degree in broadcast journalism.
Career, Job, Salary & Net Worth :
Professional Timeline :
- In 2002, Reed began working for WOIO and WUAB in Cleveland, Ohio. She broadcasted to the two stations through Cleveland 19 WOIO, which was syndicated to WUAB.
- She worked at the station as an anchor for 10 years, and was seen at 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m., and 10 p.m.
- In December of 2005, Reed added another job to her roster and began working for the Cleveland Cavaliers as a sideline reporter. She reported on games and interviewed players until June of 2006.
- In October 2012, she left Cleveland and began working in Atlanta Georgia for CBS46 as an evening anchor and reporter.
- She was seen on the air at 4, 5, 6, and 11 p.m. weekday nights.
Viral Video :
- On December 5, 2017, Sharon took a few minutes toward the end of one of her news segments to highlight an email she received from a woman who was angry about a broadcast she did in which her and her colleagues brought up the racial issues surrounding the two candidates running for mayor of Atlanta, one of whom was white and the other of whom was black.
- The woman accused Sharon of “race-baiting” with her comments and said that Reed implied that only black people were allowed to talk about race. She then went on to attempt to call Reed a racial slur, but couldn’t spell it right.
- She displayed the email, then called the woman, Kathy Rae, out on-air for misinterpreting her words and for exposing herself as a racist.
- The video went viral, and was shared hundreds of thousands of times over Twitter and Facebook, and was even picked up by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
No confirmed information available.
Birthday / Age / Birthdate / DOB
No confirmed information on this.